World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to the west of Anglesey this weekend, around Church Bay and thinking of targetting pollack around Carmel Head and wonder if any local Anglesey anglers could (broadly) advise which stretch around there has the deepest water and biggest chance of pollack. Shall I approach near Ynys y Fydlyn, or further north from the Cemlyn end? Any help would be appreciated, not wishing to mark-grab!!!

Thanks, Neil.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Neil, I fish this area quite a bit for pollock and they can be found all around the headland. The better fish for me have always been around the very northwest tip of the head itself where you can pick up the odd 5lb + fish. I approach from the Ynys Y Fydlyn end and head straight up and over. Deep spun soft plastics the best and the most consistent taker is a small white/silver red gill fished on a weedless hook.
Saying this good pollock can turn up anywhere across the top of the island and I had a few to 3.5lb last night while waiting for dark and the chance of conger.( no conger but 5 Huss )

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Neil, I fish this area quite a bit for pollock and they can be found all around the headland. The better fish for me have always been around the very northwest tip of the head itself where you can pick up the odd 5lb + fish. I approach from the Ynys Y Fydlyn end and head straight up and over. Deep spun soft plastics the best and the most consistent taker is a small white/silver red gill fished on a weedless hook.
Saying this good pollock can turn up anywhere across the top of the island and I had a few to 3.5lb last night while waiting for dark and the chance of conger.( no conger but 5 Huss )
Thats brilliant, thanks very much. One last thing, I'll have the wife with me....Is there a car park near to Ynys Y Fydlyn, and how long is the walk, roughly? Ta again!

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is a small National Trust car park at the head of the valley that leads to Ynys Y Fydlyn. To get to the northern point takes about 40-45 mins but lots of steep climbs and decents, travel light! For easier fishing just fish the point of Ynys Y Fydlyn or the headland to the left of the bay. Lots of marks to the east of Amlwch or west of Bull Bay with easier access.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a small National Trust car park at the head of the valley that leads to Ynys Y Fydlyn. To get to the northern point takes about 40-45 mins but lots of steep climbs and decents, travel light! For easier fishing just fish the point of Ynys Y Fydlyn or the headland to the left of the bay. Lots of marks to the east of Amlwch or west of Bull Bay with easier access.
thanks. Any Pollack at Cemlyn?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've only had small ones, ideally deeper water and tide rips for better pollock, getting shallower and more bassy towards Cemlyn.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Message sent with everything you need to know, map, locations etc, including the kitchen sink lol.
Best of luck Neil and I hope the weather is good for you as you don't want to be out there in the rain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts