World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wasn't going to bother with a report but what the hell.

the plan was to find the deep water off carmel head. after our first expedition the plan was to approach from the easterly side via cemlyn bay.

off we set and afer a wrong turn we tried again and found the cottage tan llyn. we parked in the n.t. car park and walked to the headland at this we bid farewell to paul and his dad who went in search of bass in the rough.

45min later and after what we were told was a nice flat walk we arrived at the only sheltered spot on the head.

set up and we waited and waited. every time we retriefed we were getting snagged up and losing hook's nearly everytime.

the view to our left. dont no what they are. maybe someone can shed a little light on it.

so on it went think i had two bite's with the only fish here a small codling about 2lb.

after about 3 hour's we decided to call it a day and head back to meet the shenton's at llanbadrig.

an hour later got back to the car and the thought's were never again.
on the way there we noticed paul and john had gone to cemlyn so we met them for a breather and me and deg's then headed for lanbadrig.
got there and it was blowing a hoolie so after an hour we packed up and headed for point lynas and shelter.

got there to this.

almost a flat calm (one to remember when it's blowing wsw).
the bite's were far and few between and all we had here was a lone pin whiting. after low we decided enough was enough and count our chicken's and head for home having been one of the worst day's i can remember.

the only thing that kept us amused was the liverpool plot.

so hopefully that's our bad one out the way.

and what did deg's catch :smile:

on a lighter note we noticed at point lynas that the annuall algi bloom has started.

so till next time the book is now closed on carmel head. :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
You will listen to the old wise one, one of these days Joe. Was nice meetin up with you and Degs again but it turned out to be a rather poor day although me and the lad did knock a couple of doggies out at Cemlyn and for the record i had a Flounder, my biggest ever 2 palms wide lol...they are getting bigger

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Glad you got out and didn't blank (well most of you anyway) Thought it was me!!!

Carmel is a bit of a yomp then? The concrete obelisks are for lining up to avoid rocks when navigating I think? Saw them in a book i'm reading about the Coastal path (yes it is a subtefruge to do a bit of fishing when Barbara wants to walk!!)

Judging by the sound of Terns I heard over my son's mobile when he was at Church Island, the fish are/where in the Swellies!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts