World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sundays are for fishing, but where to go? Fancied my usual long walk, fishing final three hours of the ebb followed by first three of the flood. But that plan went out the window as I did not have sufficient bait for that length of time. Went crabbing on Thu. and par the course at this time of year, every stone was upside down, or left standing on edge. Must have re-set about five hundred, probably in vain. So all I managed were about twenty five with the biggest about the size of a fifty pence piece. So Carsethorn area it had to be. Fishing 2pm. until 5 pm. with high tide at 6.30 pm. Not another angler in sight although weather was quite good. Got the gear out of the boot, and discovered that I had left my waders in the shed. Not going a 40 mile round trip to get them so I would join the wet sock club. Got to my mark just as the tide began to pick up speed. A smallish tide today meant it came in a lot slower, so no need to rush about.The usual flat beach was full of holes and mounds. Fishing rod Sea Ocean Sky Recreation
I liked the look of this, as I thought that it might attract the bass. Almost right away, two flounder, one on each rod, the heaviest around a pound and a half. Then a slow retreat accumulating another six flounder. Missed one good bite probably myself to blame for cramming too much bait onto a small hook, and lost another whilst reeling in. No other species today, but another enjoyable short session, but my new trainers will need to go into the washing machine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice wee session Jack There were 1or2 on rocks at Southerness Did you get caught in them showers Will have to build selection of bait for next Saturday evening match Seen holiday hordes rumbling the rocks over for wingles with no regard for anything else
Willie

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Weather not bad Willie, although I could see nearby areas getting rain, my share only lasted a couple of minutes, and was fortunate to be out of the wind.
Yes Jim, you never know what state you are going to find that beach in. Changes regularly, often quite dramatically afer big storms.

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
thats committment jackie,i like your attitude (i thought i was the only person that regularly leaves vital pieces of fishing gear at home,had to dig bait a few times in trainers ) and a few nice flatties for your efforts.
the flatties on the beaches are a nightmare over here at the mo,the water is full of sile (herring fry) and they are stuffed on it.i only had 3 flounder for 3 hours fishing on saturday, and they were all spitting live sile as they came up the beach.
cheers rab

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
mare flatties jackie :thumbs:

i was there, but i didnt take all the worms, havent be looking for crab lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts