World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After yesterdays enjoyable fishing session near Carsethorn, returned again today for another go. Weather was lovely, lots of sunshine, and was sheltered from the South Westerly breeze. Sea was every bit as mucky as yesterday, with river levels falling yet still on the high side. Dug a few lug to top up the supply, and met Sandyhill whilst doing so. I was the first one at the chosen spot and Sandyhill, ( Donald ) arrived about half an hour later. Horror ! could not find the lead weights I planked yesterday, and wasted a bit of time until I did stumble upon them. I fished with two rods, 1/0 aberdeens well loaded with lug, and was rewarded on the first cast with a nice plump flounder of about a pound and threequarters. This when two hours into the flood, and doing the fast retreat. This was to be my best fish of the day. My total catch whilst fishing the tide in was 4 flounder and 2 plaice, and glad to see the plaice have not deserted. Moved when the tide pushed me back onto the rough ground and met Donald who caught nowt on his one rod. We both moved round the bay a bit to fish clean ground, but high water was not too good, I had a very tiny plaice and Donald had a tiny flounder followed by a decent sized dab. Again packed up for the day at high water, before the weed which traditionally appears at the start of the ebb made things difficult for us.

·
Registered
479 Posts
good report, shame the sea has been so coloured this summer, seems to have put the brakes on fishing for several species

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.