World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a bit of advice on a few rods, wot im after is peoples opinions on the M4 evo, Dymic HST and the Primo Synchro as casting and fishing rods, I like to cast (but im only good for 228 yards at the moment on a Komp SS but i find it too pokey for me and definately too much for fishing) i like rods that dont wobble (if you know wot i mean) after casting but will show bites well and is good for places like the tamar and also slapton etc with the occasional rock work thrown in, basically a good fishing rod but also not a let down on the casting field === Many thanx in advance Daz:blink:

·
Registered
864 Posts
all the zzippies are nice mate, but honestly its down to personal preference, wot one man says is good may not suit you sir, so ask locally if anyone has those rods and ask politely if a "try" cast is possible:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I own the first 2 u mention, never fished with either n lent the hst out to a friend of mine who casts OTG n who is getting to grips with it (to be honest i'm letting him break it in for the forthcoming cod season at Dungie n Orford, tut tut)

Think personally the evo is a gr8 rod, got an M4 and a profile, now thats a fishing rod but only for clean ground n 5 ounces really, 6 at a push. The evo i'd gladly take along to the above marks as well as the hst, not sure if its really a long distance match rod as its a bit of a pokey rod, dunno wot the bite detection is like as yet cos it aint seen the beach yet but it will do, had rave revues in mags n the tackle shops but waiting for the general consensus from anglers...............

Personally i think it'll be mustard but i am a zziplex fan............draw ya own conclusions m8, only saying wot i think n a lot of others may disagree

Good luck

·
Registered
941 Posts
The Primo Syncro would make the best alrounder, good for 250yds plus and the new ones bend nicely in the tide and show bites better than the other 2. They are also very light.:thumbs:

·
Registered
148 Posts
This may sound old fashioned in this thread of Zippys etc, but IMHO I have never owned or used a better rod than the, quite old now, WHISKER. What a fishing rod that still is, and can cast on a feild without embarrassment. I stupidly have given 2 away in my life much to my regret. I now own a daiwa supercast due to weakened hands. New tablets have allowed me to order a TDXS (new version of the whisker) and i an dying to try it out. Daiwa are very under estimated rods which are still british made and last a lifetime.
Sorry for going on I think the whisky has kicked in :)

G

·
I would look at the SLR Plus. I've chucked a lead 246 yards with mine, but it is docile enough to overhead thump with. The tip is firm enough to give good lead control, but will still show bites at range.

·
Registered
99 Posts
HAD ZZIPIES HAD CONOFLEX HAD CENTRY. GIVE ME A DIAWA ANY TIME I HAVE A AWB 122 HAD A WISKER NOW GOT A SUPERCAST12FT.STILL USE MY AWB 4 THE TOURN CASTING BRILL ROD. PS AND FISHING.:sneaky2:

·
Registered
809 Posts
I am using an AFAW tournament rock for the feild ( 244yds PB up to now ) and also on the beach too. It has a lovely sensitive tip which is firm and crisp so it sits well in wind but still shows small bites well too.

It doesnt bite when you cast it and I think is a great rod for the money. Try and have a go with one if you can.

Rob

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
I am using an AFAW tournament rock for the feild ( 244yds PB up to now ) and also on the beach too. It has a lovely sensitive tip which is firm and crisp so it sits well in wind but still shows small bites well too.

It doesnt bite when you cast it and I think is a great rod for the money. Try and have a go with one if you can.

Rob
I was about to say the same thing!

a pal who owns an M4 evo reckons it's as good as the evo, feels the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.