World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for some reason the last couple of times fishing i have been getting bird nests half way throught the cast.y?
is it a sign that i need to put on new line???im using a abu 6500ct

please help me im getting rather p***** off.

kelvin

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just a suggestion Kelvin, have you thought of seeing a casting coach to see if there is someting wrong with your technique. I realise it is a recent problem, but you may have developed a bad habit and not realised it. Sea Angler will give you the name of one in your area.

I'm off out in an hour to see one myself.

Fred

·
Registered
57 Posts
have you cleaned the reel lately?

if so the oil may not be thick enough?
forgot to put breaks back in?
forgot to adjust breaks?

doesnt matter what line you use. it shouldnt just blow up on you unless you arnt laying it properly as you are reeling in. i agree with marcus though, i think red ice is poo aswell.

if you've tried all the things above, then try taking the line off and re-spooling it

·
Registered
95 Posts
Suggest Strip/clean Reel, Use Red Rocket Oil To Start With New Line As Already Suggested, Avoid Using Cheap Line It Works Out Alot More Expensive In The Long Run. Rather Than Me Explain How To Tune Your Reel. Look On Neil Makellow's Web Site Or The Similar Article By The Same Author On Veal's Website. If You Follow His Instructions You Should Be Ok, If It Still Persists Get Some Casting Instruction. Keep Trying You'l Get There In The End. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts