World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
been fishing for ages on and off, but as i am doing so more regularly now, I thought it was about time i tried to get my cast more consistant in direction and power.

Is there anybody around north devon (Barnstaple) that does coaching? or any casting clubs?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Hi guys,
been fishing for ages on and off, but as i am doing so more regularly now, I thought it was about time i tried to get my cast more consistant in direction and power.

Is there anybody around north devon (Barnstaple) that does coaching? or any casting clubs?

Thanks

theres a few of us from north devon that would be interested too..i know phil the rod does a free night of coaching down paignton somewhere if you fancy the drive down.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I can come up your way if you like...I've done this in the years past for Nick at Summerlands, and it would be nice to combine it with a spot of fishing with you guys...as long as you don't mind wife Jo coming along as well. Just pay for the fuel and i'm there!

philtherod

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
sounds like a plan to me. Mayby up your way matt? you are fairly central to the north devon boys and the cornish. Im sure the lads wont mind a few extra quid for a hotel. mayby someone should post this in the SW forum and see who up for it?

·
Cliff Dangler
2,576 Posts
I can come up your way if you like...I've done this in the years past for Nick at Summerlands, and it would be nice to combine it with a spot of fishing with you guys...as long as you don't mind wife Jo coming along as well. Just pay for the fuel and i'm there!

philtherod
Nice one Phil that's really good of you :clap2: :notworthy :clap2:
I personally don't mind where it's at and I''l happily drive to wherever suits the majority and as for expenses it's the least we can do.

If you guys shout loudly as to where we could/should arrange it providing that Phil is free then we can mark it down and hopefully get a good fishing session out of it too.

:)

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Nice one Phil that's really good of you :clap2: :notworthy :clap2:
I personally don't mind where it's at and I''l happily drive to wherever suits the majority and as for expenses it's the least we can do.

If you guys shout loudly as to where we could/should arrange it providing that Phil is free then we can mark it down and hopefully get a good fishing session out of it too.

:)

sounds like a plan,bude aint that far from most people,..nice one for the offer phil.:)

·
Cliff Dangler
2,576 Posts
Bude sounds good then. Know any fields long enough for my 300 yarders?
There's loads of cliffs/fields between Bude and Northcott that'll be perfect. It's where we straighten all our ropes by tying em to the back of the Landy. It would be a good place to go where you can see for quite a long way. No dog walkers or hikers to accidentally take out. We can also fish the whole stretch below the cliff with several points of access (depending on the tides) so could be good place.

As I said before I don't mind driving though and it's whatever suits the majority.

Phil if you give us a possible time/date that suits you we can try to tie in with that. I'm happy to provide you with bait and expenses and really appreciate the offer :notworthy

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

philtherod
Ok its a deal, As posted let us know when you are available and i am sure we will organise ourselves around that date and location, many thanks for the offer.
:clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3:

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Phil, is there anything in addition to (not "other than") paying expenses we can do by way of a thank you.

For example - are there any less-than-common (or common) reels or rods you fancy adding to your collection ?
Or would you like few hundred yards of various monos or braids ?

We'll try not to be too predictable with flowers to Jo (unless she'd defintiely like that)

Just trying to be nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts