World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows anywhere you can get casting lessons/coaching in the north east uk???
Iv had a beachcaster now for a couple of months and can still bearly reach 80 yards. Im thinking maybe i should of stuck to a normal length/softer tip rod because my beachcaster is an excellent rod i just cant use it properly i cant even get a bend in the rod while casting.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows anywhere you can get casting lessons/coaching in the north east uk???
Iv had a beachcaster now for a couple of months and can still bearly reach 80 yards. Im thinking maybe i should of stuck to a normal length/softer tip rod because my beachcaster is an excellent rod i just cant use it properly i cant even get a bend in the rod while casting.
What rod are you using ?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I know there a casting club at driffield but that's probably a little bit to far to travel. If you put a post in the casting section on the forum someone might know of a closer club. Great bunch of lads at most clubs and really helpful

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Even a gentle swing with a 5oz lead should put a bend in the rod.:veryconfused:
Wey I was exaggerating a little bit haha iv been watching to many youtube videos of beachcasting where the rod tips nearly bent 180° and the bait flies out 250+yards and i just wish i cud do that marra haha

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know there a casting club at driffield but that's probably a little bit to far to travel. If you put a post in the casting section on the forum someone might know of a closer club. Great bunch of lads at most clubs and really helpful
Thanks for that mate i didnt even know there was a casting section lol im still a bit fresh on this forum but il have a look now thanks again

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you tried North East Sea Angling site they are near you.You will probably have to join the forum to access the site fully.Don't know if the Seaham Sea Angling Club is still running or not.
Yes seaham is running mate coz i was in there a couple of weeks ago getting some bait. Il try the northeast sea angling site mate cheerz

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
The Late Bykerfisher(May he rest in peace)was asking the same question last year and he was given instruction from someone local.

·
Banned
579 Posts
hi mate , if your only hitting 80 yards then there is a lot of help i can give to gain you a bit more with out needing to meet, of that im confident. firstly what type of cast are you using? theres several types of cast to gain distance if done right.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Nah then Micky,get a drop on your lead that you are comfortable with,plant your feet in your casting stance,swing the lead to your rear and lay it parallel to the beach at 90 degrees,now extend both arms to shoulder height,now comes the technical bit.You put your left arm in your left arm out,in out in out you shake it all about,you do the Hokey Cokey and you turn around that's what it's all about,etc.etc.Ending in knees bend arms stretched ra ra ra:happydance::happydance:Seriously try to get some one on one local tuition.Wingyalead can give you pointers but it's easier watching someone demonstrate the cast and then pointing out your faults.You will improve in no time.Don't be afraid to make some enquiries locally,there are plenty of guys willing to help if you only ask.Someone at Seaham must know a name or two.Good Luck mate,don't despair it will come together.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hahahaha your mental you haha i love it lol. Thanks very much tdxs.
I will try and find someone local and let yous know the results and how far im casting mate

1 - 20 of 26 Posts