World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys decided to meet up with the surfcast wales club up at crack hill went up there with gazzbeast as we needed to improve our casting skills. wot a great day we had up there was made really welcome buy all the lads up there and for £7 for a days tuition just to get the feel of what goes on there was well worth it. just like to say thanks to john ( i think thats his name) for taking me and gazz under his wing and after a few off the ground cast was hitting over 100yds +++ Still being new to using a multiplier i soon found out that my abu with a level wind couldnt cope with the power i was putting into the cast so one of the lads at the club offered to convert my abu for me rather than forking out for another reel so thanks to Chris from the club thats much appreciated. Joining the club is a defo for me next month looking forward to learning to pendulum cast you pendulum casters cant half bang em farrrrrrrrrr. Would recommend any one who wants to improve their casting to find a casting club thanks again lads for the session

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
hi guys decided to meet up with the surfcast wales club up at crack hill went up there with gazzbeast as we needed to improve our casting skills. wot a great day we had up there was made really welcome buy all the lads up there and for £7 for a days tuition just to get the feel of what goes on there was well worth it. just like to say thanks to john ( i think thats his name) for taking me and gazz under his wing and after a few off the ground cast was hitting over 100yds +++ Still being new to using a multiplier i soon found out that my abu with a level wind couldnt cope with the power i was putting into the cast so one of the lads at the club offered to convert my abu for me rather than forking out for another reel so thanks to Chris from the club thats much appreciated. Joining the club is a defo for me next month looking forward to learning to pendulum cast you pendulum casters cant half bang em farrrrrrrrrr. Would recommend any one who wants to improve their casting to find a casting club thanks again lads for the session
It was JOHN mate, JOHN POWER. Well done.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thank for the kind words guys , great to meet you both and look forward to seeing you next month "well done first step is always the hardest "

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

G

·
i was up there,
i stayed up there for 4/ 5 hours, took mt little golden puppy retriever with me,
was getting to hot for her,
you and your mate who stepped up to the casting mark, took some bottle, within a few casts could see you made massive progress

was very impressed indeed
everyone up there was talkative and helpful,
you can even buy tackle/line/lures at great prices

i can vouch for john power as well, had a 1 to 1 lesson with him,
superb teacher,

will definatly go next time and will have a go at casting,
good luck
bob

·
Registered
125 Posts
hi guys nice to see some names to some faces, nice to see you enjoyed yourselfs,
nice to see the practice you were both having was wel worth it hope to see you again next month and its just not a shot in the dark because this type of casting does help exspecially when fishing low water marks

·
Species Hunter
751 Posts
It was a cracking morning and the afternoon just got hotter and hotter! John was full of advice and lots of the other boys were giving a few pointers to help us both. We will be back and with practice hopefully be able to get some good distances.

There is also a fair bit of banter that goes on which made it feel like a forum meet. Much recomended to all to get down there and have a go, what u got to lose?

Next time we will be there for the day, and don't forget to take food and drink.

Tight Lines

Gaz

·
Registered
63 Posts
It was a cracking morning and the afternoon just got hotter and hotter! John was full of advice and lots of the other boys were giving a few pointers to help us both. We will be back and with practice hopefully be able to get some good distances.

There is also a fair bit of banter that goes on which made it feel like a forum meet. Much recomended to all to get down there and have a go, what u got to lose?

Next time we will be there for the day, and don't forget to take food and drink.

Tight Lines

Gaz
hi gaz nice to see you had a great time down surfcast wales,I see you and your mate was made welcome there when is the next meeting mate hopefully I will be able to go and get a few pointers how many instructors do they have or is it just the one person teaching you

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
hiya lads seems very helpfull with all the info you have said id just like to ask where this is as i dont drive::eek:hmy:also ive been using a muitiplyer for years and ive seem to hit a brick wall with my casting(cant get any further)i have also upgraded to a 7ht mag to see if this improves my casting although it has a tad id still like to smash a lead over the 150 mark iam not far off this now any info well appreciated tight lines nudge 08:victory:

·
Registered
548 Posts
hi gaz nice to see you had a great time down surfcast wales,I see you and your mate was made welcome there when is the next meeting mate hopefully I will be able to go and get a few pointers how many instructors do they have or is it just the one person teaching you

hi m8 we have 7+ sea angler casting instructors that are more than willing to help you with any aspect of casting . you will be made very welcome at the club so make the first step and come next month you won't regret it

cheers

chris

·
Species Hunter
751 Posts
hiya lads seems very helpfull with all the info you have said id just like to ask where this is as i dont drive::eek:hmy:also ive been using a muitiplyer for years and ive seem to hit a brick wall with my casting(cant get any further)i have also upgraded to a 7ht mag to see if this improves my casting although it has a tad id still like to smash a lead over the 150 mark iam not far off this now any info well appreciated tight lines nudge 08:victory:
It's on the A48 between Bridgend and Cowbridge, just over the top of crack hill and turn left. (There is a sign there) They meet every last Sunday of the month.

·
Registered
63 Posts
hi m8 we have 7+ sea angler casting instructors that are more than willing to help you with any aspect of casting . you will be made very welcome at the club so make the first step and come next month you won't regret it

cheers

chris
thanks for that welshcaster at least its not 1 instuctor to about 10 casters ill try to make it its all down to her in doors hope to see you

1 - 20 of 22 Posts