World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not long got back from st annes beach after the casting tuition ,

only went myself to meet up with some new faces and catch up with some old ones as well so decided to take my camera and do the pics for it ,

i apologise now as there are quite a lot and only allowed ten to a post

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
part 3

a good day was had and a lot learnt

many thanks to Dave H for the time and effort and travelling to come down and add a few extra yards to every ones cast hopefully everybody went away with some very useful information

tightlines....................daz

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
firstly - thanks to organisers - and to DaveH - who was very patient and is glad to share his immense wealth of knowledge - a really nice guy

another instructor was really helpful too - sorry didn't catch your name

well for me, i reckon i added around 30-50% onto my cast - very basic stuff too - but ain't that always the way with a new skill!!! (of-course some of this could have been the wind assist - which was a fair old leg-up) - now need to make what i learnt to be second nature - which will take time.

It was really impressive when the experts demonstrated what could be done - X-cast - pendulum - backcasting and all (and including DaveH's son when he wasn't crackin-off) . amazin that they used almost no effort - everything really slow - and sinkers still went outasite!

all in all a great morning - nice to put faces to names too. Should repeat it sometime (if instructors are willing) - recommend to anyone:clap3:

cheers

Al

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
A big thanks to Dave H for sorting everbody out, I added about 25 yards to my cast and now I have the basics it can only get better ( I hope ).
GeorgeM
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
thanks lads i topped my tank up when got home
then will be putting the rest to cristys hos**** for the big C £45.00
Dave H.

·
Registered
664 Posts
A big thanks from me - to the lads who organised it, and to Dave & his fellow instructor (name please?)

It was good to take part. watch and learn. Other than the wind (alright, it did help :) ) the beach was perfect, the weather fine, and the company great. Just need some more practice now.

Ferdi

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Great day indeed....it's good to have someone show you exactly how you should stand, the position of your arms, how to transfer your body weight, the position of your rod, sinker length and the position of your lead.

You just can't pick these things up from diagrams and youtube!!!
I learned more in 5 mins than I have all year.
Most importantly I got the OTG cast sussed and after a few initial crack-offs I continue to nail it on every cast.

Thanks to Dave and the fella who came with him.

·
Registered
457 Posts
A great day out and as mentioned in the other posts I think we all went away with improved knowledge and casting ability (And good to know that Christies benefitted too.. thanks Dave)..... Also good to meet everyone and a good interchange of information and humour.

Appologies to all those people in Southport who thought it was raining lead..... It was only Dave and his son demonstrating casting to mere mortals!!!

Now....If only I can use my improved casting to improve the catch rate.....hmmmm.

Thanks to all for the arrangment, the tuition, and the craiq..

Billy

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
the other lad was terry he is a member of the NWSA casting club been casting
a lot longer than me and his help was very much welcome.
ITS GOOD that one sport can help another out.
YOU may not want to cast over grass but what you have lernt will help with your fishing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts