World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to get down to caswell and use a bit of bait. The weather wasnt too bad and upon arrival at caswell I was greeted by a nice swell with good waves. Fished last 2 hours of ebb and 1st 2 hours of flood. While on the ebb the rod was bouncing up and down like a churchill dog on a car parcel shelf ( it impressed passers by wondering if it was a fish). Unfortunately not a single knock. Once the tide flooded the rod settled down nicely though. Still nothing except for one possible knock which resulted in a hat-trick of blanks for me ! Ive lost confidence in sandeel as bait for anywhere bar monknash for the rays now. If this carries on im gonna chuck my toys out of my pram !
I wasnt gonna write this but someone said it is just as important to write what places are not doing well.

The only good thing was that it was a kinda good to see mother nature throw a few fireworks into the sky ( lightning)

The worst thing was that when my headlamp ran out of juice, i cahnged batteries and put it back on my head. With my jacket hood over my had to escape the few dribbles of rain i found myself getting hot. Thank god i realised that it was not the hood keeping me warm, but a battery which decided to dribble some acid out of it which dissolved part of the battery spring and melted the plastic support for it. Great. £60 for a lamp and after 3 sessions, knackered !

If i dont catch anything this weekend, watch out for a guy throwing a rod and rell in the surf LOL !!!!!!

·
Team Rig Maker
19,817 Posts
at least you got out you will enjoy your next catch all that much more even if it;s a woofer

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The company said it is due to me using the wrong type of batteries????????? I followed their advice and the batteries were brand new nimh ( duracell). Bought the most expensive ones to make sure i was doing it right. Obviously im on a no hoper with them.

I wont give up. They wont beat me you know, ive got friends who can sort the little buggers out LOL. I'll give them a choice, a mouthfull of sandeel or a fistfull of dynamite ( i think the coed in swansea is calling for me :crazy:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now you had to go and say that didnt you ? LOL ! Funnily enough, I was talking to a fisherman who knows the area very well. He aslo said oxwich was fishing well. Im going off to sulk for a day or two now until my new headlamp arrives !!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts