World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people go fishing now a days and do release there fish back to the sea....:g:
I go fishing as much as I can but I don't kill fish just for the kick, taking the fish home just to throw them in the dustbin..... after the photo's been taken.
If someone asks me for a skate wing and I no they are going to eat it I will gladley take one home...:)

Kris.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Nothing gets killed on my boat unless it is going to be eaten.
Same here, can't see any point bunging em in the dustbin.

AL ..

G

·
Nothing gets killed on my boat unless it is going to be eaten.
Thats your reputation gone right down the pan now Ron:).
I will only keep what will get eaten by myself, family or non fishing friends etc. Nothing undersize gets kept but I tend to add a couple of inches at least to the official minimum sizes.

·
Registered
593 Posts
A few years back I got really fed up with fishing, taking them home to go in the bin. Watched Rex Hunt on TV and tried C&R, thoroughly enjoyed my day out and been C&R ever since ( except for mackie for bait ). I can't remeber the last time I took fish home! I don't kiss them tho!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am also an advocate of C & R however, this presents obvious problems when catching fish from deep water ( apart from eels) which is you fish from some venues is all you have. I have noted on rex hunt that they seem to pearce the blown up swim bladder. Does anyone know if this works and what the correct method of doing is, or is it just being done to avoid bad PR.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
How many people go fishing now a days and do release there fish back to the sea....:g:
I go fishing as much as I can but I don't kill fish just for the kick, taking the fish home just to throw them in the dustbin..... after the photo's been taken.
If someone asks me for a skate wing and I no they are going to eat it I will gladley take one home...:)

Kris.
Changed your religion Chris???

·
Registered
891 Posts
I am also an advocate of C & R however, this presents obvious problems when catching fish from deep water ( apart from eels) which is you fish from some venues is all you have. I have noted on rex hunt that they seem to pearce the blown up swim bladder. Does anyone know if this works and what the correct method of doing is, or is it just being done to avoid bad PR.
when i have caught pollack from deep water it was the stomach that had turned inside out hanging from its mouth,probably due to pressure changes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I keep a fair amount of fish, but this probably still only amounts to less than a third of what we catch, and as Aquabell and Ron will confirm nothing gets taken thats not eaten. the best way to make sure it's not wasted is to gut, scale, fillet, or skin your fish on the boat. Any fish that leaves my boat is "oven ready" so to speak. nothing gets wasted, and the frames bones skin ect goes back into the food chain. You can't beat a bit of fresh fish you caught yourself!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Could any one advise me of a good brand and type of hook i should use for general sea fishing other than the common "J" type?

Big fan of C&R... :yeah::fish::yeah:

15,082 Posts
[Trigger];663076 said:
Could any one advise me of a good brand and type of hook i should use for general sea fishing other than the common "J" type?

Big fan of C&R... :yeah::fish::yeah:
Kamasan B940.We use them all the time mostly in the size 4/0.Great hook,super strong and super sharp.

Ron

15,082 Posts
Ron, put your pic on, how to gut a hound without a knife.

Garry,I think it is unappropriate for a family forum.......I could put a few pics on of when Peter Sutcliffe came for a days fishing though.

To be honest it wasn't his fault...It was his mother,everytime he brought a girl home she said Peter,I dont like her,you can knock her on the head :unsure:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts