World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Barton's Point from shore last night from about -2h to +2h, frozen mackerel strips on pulley rigs and single hook flappers. Lost most of the bait to whitings of varying size, totalling about 16 across four rods. They would take the bait within minutes, so you end up with a whiting on the end of the rod waiting for you to notice. After two hours I was hoping for anything but whiting.

This is weird to say, but the highlight of the evening were two dogfish, second one at +1.5h. Overall, whiting everywhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fished Barton's Point from shore last night from about -2h to +2h, frozen mackerel strips on pulley rigs and single hook flappers. Lost most of the bait to whitings of varying size, totalling about 16 across four rods. They would take the bait within minutes, so you end up with a whiting on the end of the rod waiting for you to notice. After two hours I was hoping for anything but whiting.

This is weird to say, but the highlight of the evening were two dogfish, second one at +1.5h. Overall, whiting everywhere.
Hi mate,how far out did you go?I’ve recently bought a small boat and we want to go out fishing for the first time!Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fished from shore, so went out as far as I can cast, which is to say not far. Went there yesterday as well, same bait and gear, caught another dogfish and a single whiting.

If you want to go out with another boat let me know, keen to have a go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts