World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Launched from Dingle,
Fished from 9-30am to 5pm with low water at 1-30pm,
Light easterly then south west, bit of swell.

Started with a bit of a scare with the fishfinder deciding not to show any depth at all after the first 10mins, even after rebooting, after a load of cursing, unplugging & re-plugging back in, messing with settings it decided to work again, still don't know what it was, but thinking about it there id another plug/socket under the dash, maybe that could be at fault, anyway off we went, a reef 10m from here was the destination.
As soon as we arrived the fishfinder was showing fish, had some good fun with mostly Pollack, some small Coalies, Cuckoo Wrasse and Pout.
Christened my Solid C rod as well, slapped on this big7'' orange shad, which had Col rolling around :shock: straight down it went and bang, rod was bent double, stripping line at a good rate, a pollack, well the scales said 7lb, Col guessed 12lb, deceiving buggers those though.
Then the next scare, a couple of times i thought the engine did'nt fire first touch of the key, and then next time it would,nt fire at all :giveup: here we go i thought, first thing to try give the primer bulb a pump, sure enough that did the trick, only realising later i had not undone the air valve enough on the tank, must have been the suction when the engine was stopped pulling fuel back, one way valve???? :g:
Col had some good results with his 50p ebay feathers, stood up well to a good hammering, seemed to outfish everything else as well!!
We did move out another 4m to what looked like a cracking reef (barrack rock)on the chart, but could not find the supposedly 50' in 200' pinacle, 115' was the shallowest area we came accross, less fish about as well, did have a quick try in Dingle harbour just to see if there was any thorny's about while we had a brew and a tidy up, no joy there just Fungie saying hello.
New baitboard worked a treat!
Great day to be out, at long last!
Sean,

C

·
0 Posts
Some lovely pictures there Sean to go with some nice fish. Well done:clap3: . I hope you get to the bottom of the Fishfinder problem.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Launched from Dingle,
Fished from 9-30am to 5pm with low water at 1-30pm,
Light easterly then south west, bit of swell.

Started with a bit of a scare with the fishfinder deciding not to show any depth at all after the first 10mins, even after rebooting, after a load of cursing, unplugging & re-plugging back in, messing with settings it decided to work again, still don't know what it was, but thinking about it there id another plug/socket under the dash, maybe that could be at fault, anyway off we went, a reef 10m from here was the destination.
As soon as we arrived the fishfinder was showing fish, had some good fun with mostly Pollack, some small Coalies, Cuckoo Wrasse and Pout.
Christened my Solid C rod as well, slapped on this big7'' orange shad, which had Col rolling around :shock: straight down it went and bang, rod was bent double, stripping line at a good rate, a pollack, well the scales said 7lb, Col guessed 12lb, deceiving buggers those though.
Then the next scare, a couple of times i thought the engine did'nt fire first touch of the key, and then next time it would,nt fire at all :giveup: here we go i thought, first thing to try give the primer bulb a pump, sure enough that did the trick, only realising later i had not undone the air valve enough on the tank, must have been the suction when the engine was stopped pulling fuel back, one way valve???? :g:
Col had some good results with his 50p ebay feathers, stood up well to a good hammering, seemed to outfish everything else as well!!
We did move out another 4m to what looked like a cracking reef (barrack rock)on the chart, but could not find the supposedly 50' in 200' pinacle, 115' was the shallowest area we came accross, less fish about as well, did have a quick try in Dingle harbour just to see if there was any thorny's about while we had a brew and a tidy up, no joy there just Fungie saying hello.
New baitboard worked a treat!
Great day to be out, at long last!
Sean,

OK Sean that's enough, pack it in now until we have been in May, or there will no Dingle Bay fish and chips. Have you tried Blue jellies for those Pollack they work a treat, also try some Ammo blast frozen sand eels, the shop that has just been refurbed will have some. Keep an eye open for us in May, good luck with the fishing.
John

·
Registered
842 Posts
I do'nt think Sean needs the blue jellies , did well with what he had!!!

OK Sean that's enough, pack it in now until we have been in May, or there will no Dingle Bay fish and chips. Have you tried Blue jellies for those Pollack they work a treat, also try some Ammo blast frozen sand eels, the shop that has just been refurbed will have some. Keep an eye open for us in May, good luck with the fishing.
John

Great report , great pictures , I'm so jealous , I really need to get out, I think I now understand what "cabin fever" is.

Cheers Ian

:clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
John
Do you know i did have a pack of 'blue' sandeels that did look very tempting, I'll remember that for next time, still cant find any Cod though, tried sqiud as well!
Heard on the radio this morning a trawler pulled up a 'Dealfish' from the same area we were at last week, some sort of very deep water fish.
Sean,

·
In A World Of His Own
2,954 Posts
hi absolutely brillient thats what fishings about , great catch, great boat for what i can see in the piccies hanker even more for one now TOP ONE cheers andy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts