World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished at Seaford last Sunday near to the cliffs. Daytime tide. Caught nothing. Did the same about a fortnight ago, although near the yacht club, and again caught nowt. I am quite sure that my poor access to baits and blatant big fish tactics have somehting to do with me blanking, although I am deliberately trying not to catch any of the small whiting and pouting which have been plaguing me recently from the marina. Anyone seen or heard of any bass or cod being caught lately? I have heard that there are still bass showing off the hampshire coast.

·
Registered
303 Posts
hi jackson, the bass are with us in the solent area all year they change their feeding habits in the winter from sandeel and joey makerel to scaveging for anything around, the boats quite often pick them up on whole squid, crab and mackerel

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. I am thinkning of doing a couple of trips down that way this weekend. Anyone recommend any venues. I will be doing a night tide and a day time low water on separate occasions. Can you recommend any venues? I usually go off the Sea Life Centre (always thought this was Clarence Beach but I have seen other people referring to it as Eastney) and have had some successes there just prior to Christmas.

Any info on where I could get that big bass or cod would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts