World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Clarence Beach Portsmouth on Friday the 12th November. Fished up from just before low water to a couple of hours before high tide. Very exciting night and just the two of us fishing. Caught a small smoothhound and about 10 whiting and 6 pouting. Just about to pack up and got a bass around the 3 pound mark to a whole squid. Was surprised when it only tipped the scales at 3 pound as looked a lot bigger, though could have been the darkness playing tricks on my eyes. Bites left, right and centre. Probably the best session I have had on the south coast so far.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
sounds like you had a good session jackson.what baits for the smoothie and whiting.was the bass caught close in or at distance?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The smoothie was caught on squid and so was the bass. The whiting and pouting were all on rag. Bass was taken at no more than 50 yards and aside from the wake of the ferries it was pretty much flat calm. Needless to say, after that session I will be going again soon. Off out in a boat from Newhaven on Saturday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts