World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
blue yonder and I called in "Gary Evans" this morning at eight, bought half a pound of rag and a packet of mackerel each and made our way down to redwick.

fished the tide 2 hrs down, not a bite.

Then, at slack water, reeled in to find a 2 and a half pound bass on the end of the line. ( caught with 1/0 hook with a ragworm ). Cast out again, and 10 minutes later, brought in a 3 lb'er ( 3lb 2oz ) - same tactics. third cast produced a silver eel.

after the hat trick, all went dead again. blue yonder unfortunately blanked.

what a day. broke my duck with my first shore caught bass, and then doubled it up with a bigger fish!!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
very well done m8 nice to see it

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Barrelreef said:
Well done mate a 1st shore bass!

I'm hoping to try redwick in the next couple of weeks any kind of fish will do but bass and sole will be the targets
Dear all,

Magor is also worth a shout as well. Best fished on a 9 metre or below. Fished Redwick once when i 14/15 nearly died but thats another story

Woodster

PS Forgot to mention nice fish

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers guys. really enjoyed it today. have had bass on the boat but never from the shore ( had a few very small schoolies down the knap last summer )

feel sorry for jas, he didnt have a sniff. i was just lucky that's all!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Well done Mate.

I've never even seen a bass in the flesh never mind caught one - gonna try targetting them over some rough ground this weekend....

Nice fish.

GG

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
looking forward to them. going down to tenby tomorrow for a week. cant wait. godd reports of gurnad in saundersfoot. hopeful to catch some mackies on the feathers and then throw a few fillets to the bottom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts