World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went sat night on the spur of the moment,fished from 6.30 til 9.30 . i caught five dogs and three small whiting .baits used were squid ,macky,razor and black lug .all bait caught fish, with bites coming thick and fast. weather was nice (no rain ). it was the first time i fished this mark and will be fishing it again, as it's easy .
about an hour before i left ,three men from the coast guard walked up and asked if i've seen a kite surfer, as they did a flair went up .apparently a squawl went through (about 5.00) and a yacht had found a kite with no surfer .so two inshore lifeboats and the offshore boat were out looking and one of the inshore boats had found a large glow stick, so the search was on . don't no if they found him as they were still searching when i left.
If the kite surfer had just lost his kite he should've told the coast guard as it would have saved time and effort and did some one discarded the glow stick without thinking ?
It's nice to no that if something goes wrong there are lots of volenteers putting them selves out for others for free , i think they should all get a medal for there efforts.
P.s sorry for the late report.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Dai, well done on the shorty I'm sure you'll get to know where's good and where's not, If your feeling dareing try right on the end fishing the left hand corner cast as far as you can straight towards the Long Arm, there's a really steep ledge there as they dredge it all the time, you should get Thornies on sandeels now, I had four out once in just over an hour after changing places because in inner dock was slow, You should do well here just be careful and don't fish it alone.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
went sat night on the spur of the moment,fished from 6.30 til 9.30 . i caught five dogs and three small whiting .baits used were squid ,macky,razor and black lug .all bait caught fish, with bites coming thick and fast. weather was nice (no rain ). it was the first time i fished this mark and will be fishing it again, as it's easy .
about an hour before i left ,three men from the coast guard walked up and asked if i've seen a kite surfer, as they did a flair went up .apparently a squawl went through (about 5.00) and a yacht had found a kite with no surfer .so two inshore lifeboats and the offshore boat were out looking and one of the inshore boats had found a large glow stick, so the search was on . don't no if they found him as they were still searching when i left.
If the kite surfer had just lost his kite he should've told the coast guard as it would have saved time and effort and did some one discarded the glow stick without thinking ?
It's nice to no that if something goes wrong there are lots of volenteers putting them selves out for others for free , i think they should all get a medal for there efforts.
P.s sorry for the late report.
looks like you had a good time mate well done on your fishing i see you are trying some where els mate whats wrong with cods con mate he he see you soon dude that cup is ready for you two have back he he tight lines

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,642 Posts
well in there dai m8 - nice session!
hope the person gets found safe and sound......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts