World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Herne bay last week on a big tide. We started inside on the rand then moved out to the woolpack but all we could muster was 1 Cod on Lug 1 Bass on Rag loads of Whiting on Lug/Squid Dogs and a few Dabs. The water was very dirty and the wind was s/w 4to5. Tight lines Codman... :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hiya

Fished HB a couple of nights ago and caught my personal best off the shore, was mainly fishing for whiting but almost when I was running out of lug, caught a 5lb 8oz Bass on a 3 hook flapper using lug. Called it a day after that, good fighter and almost lost it on the groynes.

Anyway, i'm well chuffed

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good fish, whereabouts were you fishing as I have heard of quite a few 5lb plus fish being taken of the rocks at Reculver recently.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Fishing the point between hampton and the pier.

I will probably have to wait another 20 yrs to get another fish like that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Where exactly in Reculver are people catching - I usually fish on the beach opposite the Oyster farm - but have found that the weed is intolerable and have had to cut the line a couple of times - I live in Herne bay and any advice on where to catch Cod/nice whiting locally would be fantastic.
Cheers.
Baldiboy8

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'd like to know where the Cod are.....

As for Whiting the shore between Hampton Jettie and the Pier is tops.

You might want to try in front of the Ship as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cheers greenturnips, I'll certainly give it a go. I presume on the high tide is best?
As for Cod - I heard that Hythe was producing - went there last week at night - high tide - only small whiting produced all along the beach. Somebody else said that the piers at Dover are also showing but who knows!!
Any tips on bait ?- I generally go with lug and squid or mackerel strips.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi

I use lug on its own on size 1 Aberdeens. I generally start about 3 hours before high tide for them, the bites tend to ease off after

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi most of the Bass that I heard about were caught 2 to 300yrds rt of the towers but the weed here is a real pain in the axxe. As for the Whiting a agree with greenturnips with lots of small fish below the Kings hall. Still nothoing to shout about offshore but a charter skipper mate is reporting plenty of Cod off Dover. So the breakwater must be worth the congestion!!! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts