World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is a very basic question but whats the best way to kill fish when catching to keep, last person I went with just gave them a bash on the head but someone else fishing near by was loudly saying this was a cruel way to do it, so advice please?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
As Snaggletooth says, a decent weight priest is the best way. You can find these in most tackle shops and on t'internet, mainly in the game fishing section. Try to do it discretely if possible though, ie. not in view of other shore users and holiday makers etc.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Hi, this is a very basic question but whats the best way to kill fish when catching to keep, last person I went with just gave them a bash on the head but someone else fishing near by was loudly saying this was a cruel way to do it, so advice please?
if dispatching a fish a fish by a blow to the head is cruel, i would have been interested to know how this other 'angler' does it.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Personally I inject the fish with morphine or a suitable alternative whilst playing calming music and giving it a massage before clubbing it over the head or inserting thumb in its mouth and firmly breaking its neck:boxing:.

Maybe this was the ethically sound method of despatch matey boy down the beach from you uses.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Whilst the Morphine use can only be for the good, I do not believe putting your finger in a fishes mouth and breaking it's neck should be endoresed on this site.
It could be a conger!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Whilst the Morphine use can only be for the good, I do not believe putting your finger in a fishes mouth and breaking it's neck should be endoresed on this site.
It could be a conger!
point taken- I should add that I generally only use the thumb in mouth method for codling

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hippies! I start by using a pliers to pull out each and every one of their little tiny scales, then I move onto their fins, where I pull the spines out one by one, if they are then still alive I move onto a hammer which I taunt them with for an hour or so before smashing their genitals and leaving them to die screaming on the beach.

I've not heard any of them complain thusfar.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Hippies! I start by using a pliers to pull out each and every one of their little tiny scales, then I move onto their fins, where I pull the spines out one by one, if they are then still alive I move onto a hammer which I taunt them with for an hour or so before smashing their genitals and leaving them to die screaming on the beach.

I've not heard any of them complain thusfar.
I like your style-I'm not familiar with it personally but i believe they call it the "marathon man" technique.

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
I pay a sniper to hide 2000 yards away, and I hold up the fish and he takes it out with a single round. :)

Or I just deploy 'Old Painless!' which is really a twelve inch piece of 22mm copper pipe. One sharp blow behind the eyes is the quickest way, any other method that causes suffering is not on in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
seriously though as long as its not gasping for breath i will deploy any necessary means to dispatch fish for the table. my reducer is an excellent priest but if i havent got that i either kill it with a heavy blow from a suitably sized rock or insert a sharp knife through its spine. as long as it doesnt suffocate to death im happy:bangin:

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
I got a H.V battery opperated electric fish chair. Strap the cap on over the calming mask, no need to add water as fish is already wet, flick the switch and watch it tremble LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

Seriously tho, a bang on the head is the best method!!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
i use a old half inch drive twelve inch extention bar from my tool box and give it a good pelting. this works a treat to me because the priest i used was locked up some years ago :) :hypocrite

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
i use a old half inch drive twelve inch extention bar from my tool box and give it a good pelting. this works a treat to me because the priest i used was locked up some years ago :) :hypocrite
I daren't ask what for :uhuh::uhuh::uhuh:

·
Registered
530 Posts
I usually bash ‘em over the head with something long thick and hefty.
Sometimes just getting it out scares them to death :eek:hmy::laugh:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts