World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three of us turned at 2hrs before LW and then fished it up the first half of the flood.

Very quiet, except for a 1.5lb turbot I had on LW and a few undersize whiting Alun had towards the end.

My dinner tomorrow night was on razor tipped with mussel, and, equally unusually, way out, close-on 100m from the water's edge! Good to see the summer species starting to show though!

Cheers - John

·
Registered
437 Posts
Three of us turned at 2hrs before LW and then fished it up the first half of the flood.

Very quiet, except for a 1.5lb turbot I had on LW and a few undersize whiting Alun had towards the end.

My dinner tomorrow night was on razor tipped with mussel, and, equally unusually, way out, close-on 100m from the water's edge! Good to see the summer species starting to show though!

Cheers - John
hi john,
Glad to see your catching matey only been out once this year so far. fished aberporth rocks after a blow. dogs on fish bait and pollock and whiting on hockeye shrimp. this years target sea trout and bass fingers crossed. tight lines clive.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi john,
Glad to see your catching matey only been out once this year so far. fished aberporth rocks after a blow. dogs on fish bait and pollock and whiting on hockeye shrimp. this years target sea trout and bass fingers crossed. tight lines clive.
Hi Clive!

Only really started in earnest last week, but planning to get out at least twice a week from now on. Buried myself in work most of the winter so I can take a few days off now :)

Got two missions this year -

1. Fish as many new marks as possible
2. See how many species I can catch from the Welsh shore in a year

Might see you down SW on occasion as a consequence :)

Cheers - John

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Well done John.

Give you a shout soon if any of us down this way start to catch. Just wish the damn easterlies would go away. Going plaicing this coming weekend - fancy it?

Rhod.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would love to go plaicing but booked-up this weekend. Keep tabs on the forecast - it's going for brisk northeasterly winds veering easterly at the moment. Southerlies by Tuesday ahead of an approaching low. Sounds far more promising. Fancy leaving it until then? - I could have a skive off work if necessary!

Cheers - John

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I'll happily do both.

Unfortunately I'm not a member of the leisured classes so will have to meet you after work. Looks like an up and over high job for me. I'll give you a bell and we'll talk marks.

Rhod.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts