World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
just wondered if there was any story's out there of anyone who
has cought fish in a funny or unusual way???
i will start it off with whilst garfish fishing with two hooks i managed to
land 3 gars!!!!,one on each of the hooks and one wraped itself round
the line....and that was in a match!!!!
look forward to hearing some good story's......

all the best puddle man....:victory::victory:

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
ive caught a 2lb bass on a size 10 hook with a very small piece of mackie while fishing for mullet,and had the reverse catching a mullet on a 4/0 pennel with half a mackie on it

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Up in North Wales a couple of weeks ago, fishing llandudno pier for a couple of hours. Snag city off the front of the pier, and lost about 6-7 sets in as many casts. Changed over to 30lb straight through and the next snag got heaved up the pier. half a dozen assorted leads and traces, but on the last length of line, a live mackeral on the unbaited hook of a trace that must have been lost for ages. Must have took a grab at it when I was pulling the whole sorry mess to the side of the pier.

Also, Ive had several pout, whiting etc come up on my grip lead wires when useing fixed wires on the breakwater.

Raider

·
Registered
701 Posts
Fishing Dungy the best part of 20 years ago my old man chucked out a two hook rig and caught well over 30 whiting in one go, one on each hook and about 15lb's of weed... in this weed were the rest of the catch and some were actually bigger than the fish on the hooks.... I think if memory serves he took 4 fish home out of that one cast!!!

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
hi all,
just wondered if there was any story's out there of anyone who
has cought fish in a funny or unusual way???
i will start it off with whilst garfish fishing with two hooks i managed to
land 3 gars!!!!,one on each of the hooks and one wraped itself round
the line....and that was in a match!!!!
look forward to hearing some good story's......

all the best puddle man....:victory::victory:
Gotta be those 2 flounders i caught in that match at Seaford using rubber bands.:laugh:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi,

I was fishing on bexhill beach when i cracked off later in the eve i got a bite reeled in and had a whiting on my trace and i had also caught my old trace on which another whiting had hooked its self and then been eaten by a 2lb codling

·
Registered
254 Posts
For hound fishing just dip the 3.0 hook from a pully rig into crab juce and cast out , it saves a fortune on bait.:laugh:

·
Registered
812 Posts
I was fishing near Beachy Head last year with whole squid on penelled hooks, got a stonking bite and reeled in the culprit. There was a 2.5lb bass attached to the head end of the squid and the biggest rockling I have ever seen attached to the other end having a tug 'o war!

·
England Team Captain
30,607 Posts
Me and a mate (tellyhandler) caught a 6ft long conger from a rockpool in Watchet harbour with our bare hands:eek:hmy:....... Brickie witnessed it but he was only 5 year old.....:laugh:

Got a pic somewhere......

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
I was fishing with feathers for Mackerel from a Dorset rock mark and had a double shot of Pollack ,one on a hook and the other one on my 5oz lead.

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
fishing a club match a couple of winters back i got fed up with undersize whiting so, i made up a prts rig with a 4/0 on the top and a 4/0 pennel on the bottom, big baits on both... guess what i caught.....

three pin whiting on the pennel (one foul hooked) a u/s dab AND a pin whiting on the top hook, both foul hooked.

i gave up and went to the pub before the weigh in time that night!

ooh, had two small pout on a size 2 aberdeen on brighton marina too, that being despite there still being two hooks bare!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Puddle man,
Fished Widewater last winter,got decent bite,reeled in Tesco carrier bag.
Yes nice Whiting hooked inside bag, could say caught ready wrapped.

·
Registered
20 Posts
While I was spinning for sea trout back home, I fluffed a cast big time and sent my toby skimming out over the water which resulted in a 2lb pollock leaping clear of the water to take it mid skip.

·
Registered
489 Posts
- 4 inch turbot on a 5 inch mackerel strip to a 1/0 hook
- 5lb bass on a no 4 crab hook fished for bream
- spinning a dexter at Hurst Castle last year I had a proper solid take and played the fish in for several minutes, thinking I had finally hooked a decent bass - however, it was a 1lb mullet foul hooked in the tail

·
Registered
133 Posts
Whilst fly fishing I have seen somebody catch a swallow at Hanningfield, and seen an eel and a flounder caught on flies at Chalk Springs. Another foul hooked a grass snake on a fly at Syon park. At a trout lake in Sussex I saw a guy hook a sheep on his backcast - it took four of us to round up and grab the sheep to get the hook back.

My mate has hooked a bat whilst flyfishing at night for sea trout.

A cat stole a rudd livebait that I had just placed in the grass while untangling my terminal gear in Ireland

Nasher had a lobster and dover sole at the same time on a wishbone rig on the west arm at Brighton.

I've seen a bloke knee deep at Seaford trying to use a cool box to scoop out mackerel that were chasing whitebait along the shoreline.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts