World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Just wondering if everyone is catching as few fish as myself only, have caught one decent Cod ( 3 and 1/2 Lbs) on my last few trips out, fishing from Todd Head down to Ethie mains just north of Arbroath and most of the well known marks in between including Johnshaven and Bervie.
Fishing all the right baits Peeler, calamari, mussel etc but just arent getting the fish.
I know we could do with some Easterlies but should still be catching more than I am surely ?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
it is nowt to do with you , so dont worry m8. fishing is hit and miss everywer, i,ve had 8 cod this year, and by most peoples book that is good, becos we are having one bugger of a season so far, keep tryin, thats all you can do.. and hope..

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Poacher,

This is only my second year shore fishing but I`m building up my gear and have caught the bug big time just wondering if had been doing anything wrong.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
trust me bob, you are doin nothing wrong,, but we all waiting for the bass now, so we,;ll see wot happens then, best of luk 2 u. if i am not catching i just keep at it, and you will get 1 or 2 in the end,, as i tell every 1 , it,s about bein in the right place at the right time..

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Hi Bob

I am north of you and fish Aberdeenshire.

I have not had a great season either. I have had codling, but only up to three pounds or so, plenty in the 1 1/2 to 2 lb bracket.

Just a lot of small fish, generally going about, with the odd lunker thrown in - alas though not mine.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yep, same for me around Aberdeenshire. Usually a few around 1-1/2lb, not many any bigger and no really big bags. Best this season was only 4-1/2lb, that was on Monday night in the first easterlies for ages. So hopefully it is picking up for a late run.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts