1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Its a blenny.

·
Registered
206 Posts
did it lose an eye then? - will they ever learn ;) Had a shanny a couple of years ago on anglesey with a 2/0 with lug and squid tip - the bait was bigger than the bloody fish!! (saved me from a blank though!!!)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought my son a little cheap telescopic rod whilst on holiday in Cornwall he caught 4 of the little things and 2 of them were on rag just tied onto the line with no hook, he also had a peeler crab and a shrimp he was well chuffed, he is 6.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Hehe, aye, it can keep them amused! Nice one on your first fish mate. The mini species don't fight much but they do look weird and wonderfull

·
Registered
198 Posts
Congrats on your first fish mate. Better than i have done this year lol.
When i first looked at your pic i thought it was my sister lol. Ugly looking thing. The Fish in the pic looks ugly too lol. :roll1: Sorry sis. love you.

·
Specimen Hunter
3,281 Posts
blenny , well done, we used to fish for them in the crevas's when the tide was down, small hook and rag worm, bupmed up our species list lol,
its funny watching all the litle pairs of eyes peeking out the rocks at you and then them fighting for the worm :fishing:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Congrats on your first fish mate. Better than i have done this year lol.
When i first looked at your pic i thought it was my sister lol. Ugly looking thing. The Fish in the pic looks ugly too lol. :roll1: Sorry sis. love you.
:clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all. Good to put a name to it! Certainly an ugly looking thing!
Caught this a couple of days later off keyhaven shingle bank, having looked at few pics think got this one right as a pollack?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts