World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was fishing the causeway at worms head on saturday, we didnt have any thing but it looked like a quality venue, loads of peelers about and loads of gulleys about, any one got any info on fishing there???

G

·
i was fishing the causeway at worms head on saturday, we didnt have any thing but it looked like a quality venue, loads of peelers about and loads of gulleys about, any one got any info on fishing there???
brill for spinning and lures july aug sept mate very ruff ground:)

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Hi buddy
I have never had much luck on the causeway always done better on the worm itself but that is probably just me cos it is a totally different type of fishing to what I normally do.
BUT BE CAREFUL ON THAT CAUSEWAY IT CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS PEOPLE HAVE DIED BY NOT RESPECTING THE SPEED OF THE TIDE THROUGH THERE ESPECIALLY ON SPRINGS (If it looks like you are going to be cut off you are better off staying on the island than trying to get accross -- better stranded than dead ) .
YATOES

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when we were down there a guy had his rods and he spent about 3 hours getting crab and then he walked over to the island, must of fished high water, i spoke to him but he didnt say much, i want to try the island, but not sure where to fish on it, i know theres that bay about half way along which looks quite tasty, but where do you fish? is it kitchens corner??

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Low water + 3hrs up on springs.
blueskip

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
when we were down there a guy had his rods and he spent about 3 hours getting crab and then he walked over to the island, must of fished high water, i spoke to him but he didnt say much, i want to try the island, but not sure where to fish on it, i know theres that bay about half way along which looks quite tasty, but where do you fish? is it kitchens corner??
Kitchens corner is on the mainland. On the right as you look towards the causeway. As has been mentioned already make sure you are aware of the tides and if you are staying over top water on the Worm itself make sure you let the coastguard know. BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY.If you can read a copy of "FISHING THE GOWER" by Malcom Halfpenny he gives quite a bit of info on fishing the Worm. I am planing a trip latter in the year when the weather is more settled and maybe do a 24hr session.

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
brill for spinning and lures july aug sept mate very ruff ground:)
in all the times i've fished there the night times the best get there early pick your gully's chuck some maccy guts and head in on the flood and wait for the fun to start fish holding your rod cos the bites come fast spinning time for me just at daybreak try it over 2 sets of tides gully's at night with peeler for bait next tide gully's for spinning early morning it'sa good mark but sometimes the walk makes it just too much hard work for not a lot of fish and of late that is the case.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts