World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well only 2 weeks to go me and a pal + the girlfriends are off to the melia for a week I have done my research on this fantastic site and Cuba Manias
I have tracked down some x-rap Spotted Minnows and have a selection of yo-zuri minnows I am going to try the one that sits suspended in the water anyone else has any success with it?

Thanks to MarktheShark who has put some great info in his posts and took the trouble to have a chat on the phone many thanks.

Am suitably tooled up now and have a dent in the old bank balance lol

I will try and post some pics of our forthcoming adventure hope the girlfriends don't miss us boy are we going to get in trouble he he.

Anyone know what the weather is like in the middle of Sept and does this relate to a certain specis being more active?

One final question will someone please explain the full moon thing linked to Snapper fishing who can you find out the moon cycle for Cuba?

Thanks Excited Southampton:clap2::clap:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Ullo matey

The successful subsurface lures have always been trolled at speed for me - on the Hobiecats you get takes if you vary the speed by raising the rod to quicken the lure up, then drop back. The only time I've slowed down from warp speed and had bites is using big fat blooping poppers in the mangroves. When the visibility is good I think the fish can see wire, snaps etc, so dull conditions might be better to try suspenders (!!!)

The moon thing: locals tell me that the best moon-phase for night snapper fishing is the first half (ie when there is not much moon). However, other factors also play - a storm before dusk is also said to perk up the snapper, and sure enough, on rainy evenings, I've had (and seen) many good fish caught. Likewise, cold fronts can really knock the fishing on the head. And, I guess, hurricanes too!
The second half, leading up to full moon, is supposedly better for big tarpon and jacks at night. The bottom line is, at some stage at all stages of the moon, big fish will be feeding.

I use www.stardate.org/nightsky/moon for predictions

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts