World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it’s the cod comp next Sunday, still taking entries up to until the morning. Quite a few doubles at the moment and they are from lots of spots so it’s level playing field…

Booking is done easily by following the link below:

Drop a PM for more details or look out for the Facebook page/posts :)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Shocking when you think about it
can remember the days when single boats could catch that many and more, even the opens off the foreshore would catch more
but hei ho nothing needs to be done by this government

·
Registered
16 Posts
I can not believe what I’m hearing about this comp!!
How it was run & how the results that concluded how on Earth can the result stand as joint first? 2 different sized fish?
I didn’t fish it as I’m not a big fan of boat fishing but listening to all my friends that did it was an absolute embarrassment, & a shambles this isn’t the first time either I’m glad I don’t fish it.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi,

That’s not the case. I’ve got an open thread running on Facebook to get feedback on how to improve. Any constructive feedback is welcomed. A full report is being prepared but it takes time. Given we all work full time and do this to volunteer just ask for a little patience whike we collate all the photos and get the results typed up and a report done.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

That’s not the case. I’ve got an open thread running on Facebook to get feedback on how to improve. Any constructive feedback is welcomed. A full report is being prepared but it takes time. Given we all work full time and do this to volunteer just ask for a little patience whike we collate all the photos and get the results typed up and a report done.
Well I look forward to the report as I can’t quite fathom how it was a joint first place with 2 different sized fish, I understand the problems at the locks can’t be down to the CBYC but the debacle at weigh in, I can’t wait to hear & try to understand what I’m earth has happened from what I’m hearing it actually sounds corrupt & if that is the case it’s disgusting.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Shocking when you think about it
can remember the days when single boats could catch that many and more, even the opens off the foreshore would catch more
but hei ho nothing needs to be done by this government
What's it got to do with the government? It's the UK public who demand Cod Cod and more Cod (no bones please)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
duplicated

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
What's it got to do with the government? It's the UK public who demand Cod Cod and more Cod (no bones please)
By setting quotas
banning mega trawlers
Discards
Mesh sizes
Shall i go on

·
Registered
25,236 Posts
By setting quotas
banning mega trawlers
Discards
Mesh sizes
Shall i go on
bet if they battered whiting and sold it as cod in the chippy most punters wouldn't notice.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts