World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got any info on Cefn Sidan. I'm taking the wife and kids caravaning to the site next to Pembrey Country Park and am looking to do some fishing (when they are safley tucked up in bed).

Where are the marks etc...

Thanks

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Has anyone got any info on Cefn Sidan. I'm taking the wife and kids caravaning to the site next to Pembrey Country Park and am looking to do some fishing (when they are safley tucked up in bed).

Where are the marks etc...

Thanks
Have a look on the meets forum and then the threads re ENGLAND V WALES

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have a look on the meets forum and then the threads re ENGLAND V WALES
Ok just read the previous posts and found some info, one question though. Where is the pool and is it worth fishing this time of year?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey mate
Cefn Siden is a cracking venue during the spring and summer months. I have just now got back from there, caught a few nice flounders.
My club hosted the penn league final last year. 39 people fished the final and a total of 700 fish were signed in.
First and formost Siden is a flonder venue and good size flonders at that. 2 of the fish I caught this evening were over 16" long, but they were spent so they prob only weighed 1lb 1/2 or so. (I returned all the fish).
Secondly Siden has a habbit of throwing up big bass especially when the conditions are right, after all the beach does face due west. During matches there over the last couple of years you have needed a big bass to win it.:)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
can you see the wreck at low water?? never fished that end myself i always go left!! maddies and peelers killer baits ere with lug an razors in or after a good blow

·
Registered
163 Posts
As far as I know parking is fine, you have to pay to get in the park and there are a number of park employees out and about especially in the summer.

The wreck is half way up the beach, today for example as it was a small tide it didn't hit the wreck until approx. 2 hours before top tide.

Park in car park No. 1 and then walk across the path to the beach, path is labeled as beach entrance A. You should see the wreck in the distance.

·
Registered
686 Posts
parking is normally safe here mate. best place to park is in the park itself, carpark 3 i think. park here walk over dunes towards the sea and when on the beach walk right, anywhere around the wreck is fine and fish with bunches of mudworm or lug. good bass mark excellent flounder mark. have had over 40 flounder here in a match over the 12" size limit.

devon dave, no need to fish in darkness as the fishing is just as good in daylight, probably get more flounder in the day.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The flats were very long. Only fished for about 3 hours. Had one rod out with mackrel fillet on just in case.

Not many matches on lately, I'm bored without them

·
Registered
686 Posts
The flats were very long. Only fished for about 3 hours. Had one rod out with mackrel fillet on just in case.

Not many matches on lately, I'm bored without them

this is the time of year for a rogue big bass to turn up chris.

should travel a bit to matche's there'l be plenty on then. a match at blue anchor on saturday and one at st brides newport on sunday eve.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Never fished St Brides. What time is the match?
As far as the bass are concerned next set of big tides I will have my first double of the year lol

·
Registered
865 Posts
parking is ok in daylight - plenty of people about!!

personally I wouln't bother fishing at night as it fishes best in daylight anyhow, and I've seen boy racers down there in their Nova's doing douhnuts in the carpark after dark - wouldn't trust em myself! (not that i'm stereotyping!!!!!)

Park in the furthest carpark on the right - over the dunes and walk right - mind the nudists though (that's where they live!). Not much to see though - mostly all male apart from the odd granny!!!!!!! unless your into all that? lol

Dan

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
hi lads bit of info for you if like me you want to fish there at night and you park in the park itself go through the dunes and head to the right and walk for about 20 mins up the beach.
you will see the lights of pendine /llanstephan in the distance as for safety it's not an issue if you fish the right. i cannot comment on the left side of the beach as i never fish there.what i will say is once you fish the night tides you will never want to fish there in the day again it is far more productive at night. pound for pound sidan is one of the best marks i find at night if poss pick the smaller tides as the big tides will have you running back with your gear all the time.bait wise i use tried and tested blacks deadly it is but thats me we all have our fav baits try the mark out you wont be dissapointed for sure..andy ilsf..:) :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts