World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in rogers bait shop sat speaking to him about bass fishing when he mentioned that some lucky b*****d had landed a 7lbs bass off cefin sedian has anybody heard about this :g: :g: :g:

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
i aint heared any thing!:g:
yeh yeh 7lb bass and all the extra bait can be got at a certain shop they are all the same tackle shops they tell you you can catch anything anytime with bait from their shop..hence the rumours.and all it needs is word and mouth.tightlines andy ilsf..:)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was in there last Thursday and was told it was 4lb - so it might be growing slightly!!

He also said schoolies were showing on all the local beaches!!

btw - Hi all!!

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
A bloke in work told me last week he had heard of a 9lb bass being caught from their probably the same one you've heard of but its grown a little.
see what i mean their not backward in coming forward are tackle shops before you know it that 9lb bass will grow a bit more b4 the weeks out.
last feb just before the first wales .england match at sand bay i jokingly posted a catch report of a 34 lb cod caught from layde bay i was winding up the english well if i did i had about 30 pm's asking me where/when/what spot bait etc and do you think there are more out there.
now if i was the kind of person who had a mate who had a tackle shop just think of the trade i could have put his way eh?ie saying that the fish was caught using bait from joe bloggs tackle shop and he knows all the best marks and if you want good advice and bait go to him etc.
anyway all tackle shops are not like that i know but what if eh?most shops are spot on as they should be but there's one i will not name him but it's in a well know west wales resort with a harbour and it overlooks pendine/amroth he will tell you maccy are being caught in the winter if he thinks you are a tourist that is.
moral of this posting is if you aint seen the fish or it's your best mates fish or if it's a fish caught by any wfs members cos we are all honest[lol] you just cannot 100pc believe it.but that's fishing for you you gotta have a bit of hope and a good catch report gets us all worked up and planning our next trip spend our money from a tackle shop oh no i'm not starting that again tightlines andy ilsf.:)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yep 7lb bass it was also a 4lbder plus a few flounder as well..This is the report by the person who caught them.This person I believe as I known him for sometime.

fished from low up yesterday evening, first cast, bass 7lb 8oz, taken on crab.

a few flounders and schoolies for an hour or two and then another bass of 4lb 4oz.

had to keep the first fish as it was bleeding quite heavily, bit of a shame but it wont go to waste.

Steve

I hope this clarifies the story

charlie....

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
the original post said he was in the tackle shop on saturday. Are we talking about the same fish Charlie?

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Hmmmmmmm In the last week or so I've heard of a 7lb, 8lb and an 11lb Bass from the Sidan as well as a couple of doubles taken in nets:blink: basically i just take it all with a pinch of salt unless I see them with my own eyes or the angler concerned is known to me.....................but wouldn't our fishing lives be much duller without all thestories and exaggerations:)

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
Hmmmmmmm In the last week or so I've heard of a 7lb, 8lb and an 11lb Bass from the Sidan as well as a couple of doubles taken in nets:blink: basically i just take it all with a pinch of salt unless I see them with my own eyes or the angler concerned is known to me.....................but wouldn't our fishing lives be much duller without all thestories and exaggerations:)
best one i've had there is a 5lb thumper caught on the low on frozen black but i've had bigger ones there thumping into my legs while i was in the surf at night.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
best one i've had there is a 5lb thumper caught on the low on frozen black but i've had bigger ones there thumping into my legs while i was in the surf at night.
Best I've had was also around the 5lb mark - 4lb 14oz, middle of the day, middle of the tide and on King Rag.;)

Oh and it destroyed a brand new Abu FS reel thus converting me to multis:)

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
The only suprise is that any have escaped the maze of gill-nets set off there, one boat landed 93 boxes, @ 7stone per box the other day, so the place must be heaving with fish, lets hope we have a good blow to break up the spawning shoals, while there are still some left!:nonono:

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
The only suprise is that any have escaped the maze of gill-nets set off there, one boat landed 93 boxes, @ 7stone per box the other day, so the place must be heaving with fish, lets hope we have a good blow to break up the spawning shoals, while there are still some left!:nonono:
dont it make you want to scream eh?it's happening right before our eyes and we cant do anything about it?they'll be gone soon and only memories will remain of the times at sidan..just like dungeoness once a 70's hot spot for cod and now only mems remain..sad ilsf ..:schmoll:

·
Registered
960 Posts
2 boats from swansea landed 70 stone of bass in there nets last week! no wonder all the fish are dying out!:uhuh: :uhuh:

·
Registered
45 Posts
i've seen the pictures of the bass and know who caught it
the story is true
the person who caught it fishes in our club and it was
witnessed and weighed on calibrated club scales.
he is the most honest angler i've met in many years match fishing.

john

·
Registered
198 Posts
the original post said he was in the tackle shop on saturday. Are we talking about the same fish Charlie?

Roger the guy I know caught his at the beginning of April. I'm just wondering if it's taking sometime for the report to get around as the sizes seem to match steves fish.

cheers

charlie.....:secret:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts