World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished thursday 5 up 1 down 2 schollies me and my m8 conditions should have been perfect-chap I was talking to had 1 small flounder he said he'd been fishing Wednesday and had been checked over by the fisheries inspector who had said that some guy further down the beach had just landed a 7 1/2 lb Bass

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
some guy further down the beach had just landed a 7 1/2 lb Bass
im gettin pretty peeved of hearing this all the time. :rolleyes:

i just find it odd..all the anglers on here.have all heard the yarn about some bloke catching a 7lb'er...but yet,,none of us have done it yet..

Like i posted a few posts ago/

Aaaaaarhhaaaaaahhhh! TALES OF THE OCEAN! ME HARtiES..haaaaarrhhhhh! :cool:

i reckon Bass must know the bait of a WSF forum member,,and scarper pretty quick..

Anyone for Monopoly?

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry m8 would not have mentioned it but reckoned that if it came from a fisheries guy there might be som validity in it I'm off out again the weekend and I'll only post if I personally catch anything over 5lb-I wish.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My m8 also fished Sidan on Thurday, blanked. The conditions were far from perfect though, my m8 said he could see white horses all the way out, it's much better when there is a steady line of breakers. In the conditions thursday the water would be disturbing the sand everywhere and the fish don't like that as their gills get no rest from the suspended sand. I don't think the conditions for Sidan will be right untill Wednesday.
kipper

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
marcus said:
im gettin pretty peeved of hearing this all the time. :rolleyes:

i just find it odd..all the anglers on here.have all heard the yarn about some bloke catching a 7lb'er...but yet,,none of us have done it yet..

Like i posted a few posts ago/

Aaaaaarhhaaaaaahhhh! TALES OF THE OCEAN! ME HARtiES..haaaaarrhhhhh! :cool:

i reckon Bass must know the bait of a WSF forum member,,and scarper pretty quick..
Marcus a mate of mine has been fishing in Porthcawl last few days and fished the corner of the wall on wed night.

I not really sure to believe him or not but a guy he was fishing with lost a good bass bringing it up the wall.

he said it was at least 8lb - the guy who caught it is new to fishing and wasn't using a leader so the mainline snapped with the weight of the fish

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
damn,,i woulda jumped in after it.!!!

until i land one..photo it...and post it all over here,,,I remain sceptical.. :D

I KNow that one story i heard is true,,ive been given the pics to prove it too

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
i think until i see a good fish from Porthcawl i'm sceptic with you.

I think we been through the 'somebody caught a big fish from Porthcawl but no one saw it' thing before.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There definately was a 7 1/2 pounder caught from Cefn because it was in a match some guy confirmed it in an earlier thread

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Down there again today had 4 schoolies to about a pound and a half actually saw a good 3 !/2 to 4 poundre taken by a woman fishing with her husband-he blanked she also had a number of schoolies and sorry Kipper but they were all taken from well inside the surf line

·
Registered
331 Posts
barrel it is true about that bass off the wall in porthcawl but i didnt tell u it was 8lb i just said it was bigger than that 5lb cod you had off penarth a few months ago the boy who was fishing with me is just starting out and bought a rod and reel of a friend the rod he was using was a powerstick uptider with a fladen fixed spool with 18lb main line and no leader he lost all his grip waits and put a plain 4oz wieght on with a mackrel strip and left it bounce around we didnt know he was having a bite until his rod nearly went over thats how bad the weather was

·
Registered
325 Posts
fishermen, who would believe em' i dont believe any of em' except you ! and me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts