World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'll do it before the others start to take the mick. Fished Cefn from 10am till about 6 all I could manage was a load of schoolies. Blueskip had 2 over 2lb and Landylover one about the same size and a nice flounder along with 5 schoolies :( but on the way back his Landrover broke down and I had to tow him home :)

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Came up with a cunning plan-fished 2 rods one with normal 3 hook trace with worm, the other with a pennel rig with half a mackeral on it with a big fixed spool with nearly 400 yards of line on it. This I was leaving out as long as possible hoping to get out beyond the breakers and the schoolies. Tried it a few times and the only thing I caught was a doggie. Still I guess the theory is sound perhaps I'll try it again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Roller,
Cleaned carb. out on landy & fixed the problem so it's ready for another jaunt down the beach this week (show you how to catch fish again! :D ). Will give you a ring tomorrow. Just eaten the flounder for tea (fish always tastes great when you catch it yourself).
I've bought some chest waders on t'internet. Had enough of getting soaked & emptying the wellies after every cast!!! :mad:
Thanks again Blueskip for the good company, and the tips.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts