World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not long back from a spur of the moment sesh on my local beach. My erstwhile partner in crime namely Mike rang this morning and persuaded me to have a few hours on the Sidan fishing from 1830 till 2100 on the last of the flood. He picked up some nice Maddies from COUNTRY STORES ( proper worms these is) Travelled really light bass rod and multiplier, spare one in bag, Afew traces and some mixed leads. Was going to use Mikes rod rest so that was good. He was there already and had had a couple of knocks. Rigged up with my favourite Gemini trace 2x boom flapper with some fine wire size 2's on short snoods( NO BEADS) First cast 1x flounder about 12" then a double shot of a very small bass and an even smaller flounder. Mike was also pulling in flounder . Finished up with me 8x flounder 1x bass Mike 5x flounder. Really annoyed with myself lost adecent bass in the surf by not keeping a tight line not huge but maybe 3-4 lbs Really sick. Mike couldn't stop laughing and grinning . Not bad for 2& 1/2 hours a 1/2 lb of worms between us. We were fishing directly in front of access from Debtors row. Few otheer blokes on the beach ! was catching what looked like small bass fairly regularly the others appeared to be blanking. Decent bit of surf not huge but enough to stir the sand up. Lovely evening shirt sleeve weather. not like the other sunday. Hope this helps others who might like to give it a go

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Not long back from a spur of the moment sesh on my local beach. My erstwhile partner in crime namely Mike rang this morning and persuaded me to have a few hours on the Sidan fishing from 1830 till 2100 on the last of the flood. He picked up some nice Maddies from COUNTRY STORES ( proper worms these is) Travelled really light bass rod and multiplier, spare one in bag, Afew traces and some mixed leads. Was going to use Mikes rod rest so that was good. He was there already and had had a couple of knocks. Rigged up with my favourite Gemini trace 2x boom flapper with some fine wire size 2's on short snoods( NO BEADS) First cast 1x flounder about 12" then a double shot of a very small bass and an even smaller flounder. Mike was also pulling in flounder . Finished up with me 8x flounder 1x bass Mike 5x flounder. Really annoyed with myself lost adecent bass in the surf by not keeping a tight line not huge but maybe 3-4 lbs Really sick. Mike couldn't stop laughing and grinning . Not bad for 2& 1/2 hours a 1/2 lb of worms between us. We were fishing directly in front of access from Debtors row. Few otheer blokes on the beach ! was catching what looked like small bass fairly regularly the others appeared to be blanking. Decent bit of surf not huge but enough to stir the sand up. Lovely evening shirt sleeve weather. not like the other sunday. Hope this helps others who might like to give it a go
nice couple of hours butty :clap3::clap3::clap3: sounds like you enjoyed unlucky on the bass you lost allways next time:yeah: info was a help all the best

tight lines

·
Premium Member
37,242 Posts
Nice one mate, it is a lovely beach and seldom lets you down even if they are only small fish at times.

Going down Wednesday evening to fish the flood.

·
Registered
69 Posts
nice sesh mate:clap3: I'm off down there on friday night with my mate anthony, hoping for my first bass of the year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts