World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down cefn sidan yest, got there about half 12 after picking up some maddies and fished it till high tide. Never fished there before so didnt know what to expect but after reading good reports thought its best i give it a go. Not knowing really where to go i walked up the beach to zone b and fished from there

Best session i ve had. 10 schoolie bass and two flatties. It was literally every cast a catch. Day was spoilt by me piercing my waders with my pliers whilst bending down :banghead:, any ideas on what i can use to repair them.

Half hour before high tide, for about 5 cast, every cast had a massive bite, but when i hit nothing, couldnt catch it. Dont know if it was a bigger bass stripping my line and my hook was too small. Really dont know what do you think.

All in all a good session and know to decide where to go next as i want to work my way up west.

Would upload pics but as i m new to this i havent got a clue :crazy:

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Good session m8, it's fishing well at the moment :thumbs:
When you had the big bites, where the hooks coming back empty?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YES. For about 5 cast every time they come back clean, but every time i struck as soon as i had the bite, NOTHING. I was holding the rod in my hand aswell and was a big bite everytime. I was clueless as to why i couldnt hook it

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Thats odd then, a bigger bass would just gulp the lot down, hook n all. I dunno TBH....golden grey mullet perhaps? Theyre quick, can bite fierce...and strip yr hook in a second (or so I hear, having never caught one personally :wallbash: lol)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Went down cefn sidan yest, got there about half 12 after picking up some maddies and fished it till high tide. Never fished there before so didnt know what to expect but after reading good reports thought its best i give it a go. Not knowing really where to go i walked up the beach to zone b and fished from there

Best session i ve had. 10 schoolie bass and two flatties. It was literally every cast a catch. Day was spoilt by me piercing my waders with my pliers whilst bending down :banghead:, any ideas on what i can use to repair them.

Half hour before high tide, for about 5 cast, every cast had a massive bite, but when i hit nothing, couldnt catch it. Dont know if it was a bigger bass stripping my line and my hook was too small. Really dont know what do you think.

All in all a good session and know to decide where to go next as i want to work my way up west.

fished Cefn last sat with OHTer and the boys and i had a few big bites at the begining but my striking was anything but top quality, on 1 bite i felt a spring and when inspecting the hook which was baited with crab the hook size 2/0 i think was nearly perfectly straight. ill put a pic up later for you to see. Still dnt know what it was as i had all my fish on size 2 hooks. A Net is still my strong favourite. as theres no rocks but there could be a monster there somewhere after your experience mate.

·
Registered
199 Posts

Nice 1 mate.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Possibly line bites if a shoal of mullet are going past,fish hits the line and panics and bolts off.That would be my guess.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went back down there today with my bro but fished a different part of the beach, down in zone f where you dont have to pay. Another good session, i caught 16 schoolies on maddies and my bro had a few too but then changed to using devon peelers but all he could catch on them was the weed. We were originally going to fish twyn beach but after talking to people advised not to bother. We fished it up until a hour before high tide and then we moved on to burry port pier to use up our crab and wished we hadnt bothered. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME.

Nevermind another good session under my belt. WHERE TO TRY NEXT:fishing1:

·
Team Rig Maker
19,827 Posts
well done on your session, when I fished there the other night my rod was taken right out of the rod stand and nothing stuck so who knows

·
Serious Angler
1,078 Posts
well done on your session, when I fished there the other night my rod was taken right out of the rod stand and nothing stuck so who knows
well fellas,ive had the same a few times there+ i caught the little buggers :fishing: had many battles there+lost with the bigger ones at nite,so any guesses? :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts