World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having made up our minds not to fish the rover down west tonight me and my mate Mick stayed local. Got a a good pound of maddies and 1/2 pound of lug from Country stores Gowerton( Didn't order in advance and all the fishing tackle has moved upstairs although bait counter is still down) Remembered to put the clocks on and Mick made it to my house for 6am. Started fishing for 7am. First Flounder for me at 0715!! By 0830 had 5 flounders between us. Mick had a lovely double shot with one going about 1 1/2. Stopped fishing at 1130( top tide)score Mick 6 roger 3!! I'll never here the end of it. All the fish returned and swam away including the one that took TWO!!!! HOOKS ALL THE WAY DOWN!!!. just cut them off as this is the least harmful way for the fish. Like the lads down Pendine the other day the fish were all abit thin but other wise in good condition. Most of the fish caught on staight maddies. 1 caught on lug/ maddies cocktail.Two/ three hook flappers worked best beads didn't seem to have any positive effect. Mick tried second rod with a sandeel for a Bass but no joy. No problem with weed I'm pleased to say. beach was very busy with plenty of anglers. For interest we accessed the beach from Debtors Row and fished straight out from the path, this is the Burry port end of the beach. I' ll keep you posted if I fish again prior to the BIG MATCH!!!!COME ON ENGLAND!!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
good session mate, im gonna try down there soon, what were the worms you bought from country stores like, ive found em a bit iffy b4 ...on there last legs and were dead the next day.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Nice session, you say you went out passed debtors row, have they reopened the access to the beach for 4x4's yet? Looking to go down there soon for a few hours but need access to the beach.

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice session, you say you went out passed debtors row, have they reopened the access to the beach for 4x4's yet? Looking to go down there soon for a few hours but need access to the beach.
No its not open we walked. I think you have to go in through the main gate and need a permit form the council to take a vehicle on the beach

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good session mate, im gonna try down there soon, what were the worms you bought from country stores like, ive found em a bit iffy b4 ...on there last legs and were dead the next day.
The worms were very good and not topped with loads of peat. Thay lasted all the session and some are still alive in newspaper in the garage

·
Registered
980 Posts
well done m8, fished there fri niight and had 2 flounders where bouts did u fish we fished in front of car park f

1 - 9 of 9 Posts