World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mightyminnow and me had a sesh and fished the flood tide from about 0700 to 1100. Result DOUBLE BLANK!
However I only used fresh sand eel and frozen razor. Was after some of the larger BASS. Only had one decent bite on Razor and missed that. I was presenting my bait on the Pennel rig that Mike senior showed in TSF which I quite liked. Mightyminnow was covering all his bases using maddies. razor, frozen sand eel and baby squid. on a variety of different rigs. We had walked a fair way along the beach towards North Channel and found an area that was full of gulleys some quite deep. It looked really fishey but did not live up to expectations!
Be careful if you fish this area as the tide comes in fast and can fill up behind you although no gulley is so deep you could not safely wadeit!
What went wrong? I don't really know, maybe easterly wind and hardly any surf? We will be trying it again and I have a mind to try live sand eel on a bubble float sometime soon!

·
Premium Member
38,240 Posts
Mightyminnow and me had a sesh and fished the flood tide from about 0700 to 1100. Result DOUBLE BLANK!
However I only used fresh sand eel and frozen razor. Was after some of the larger BASS. Only had one decent bite on Razor and missed that. I was presenting my bait on the Pennel rig that Mike senior showed in TSF which I quite liked. Mightyminnow was covering all his bases using maddies. razor, frozen sand eel and baby squid. on a variety of different rigs. We had walked a fair way along the beach towards North Channel and found an area that was full of gulleys some quite deep. It looked really fishey but did not live up to expectations!
Be careful if you fish this area as the tide comes in fast and can fill up behind you although no gulley is so deep you could not safely wadeit!
What went wrong? I don't really know, maybe easterly wind and hardly any surf? We will be trying it again and I have a mind to try live sand eel on a bubble float sometime soon!
As you and Mike don't mind a reasonable walk, there is route onto North Channel via the edge of the golf course, when I used to fish North Channel a local chap used to walk on that way a fair bit.

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts

sidan /easterlies/no surf all adds up as a no go place but we still do it and hope if it pans out we catch all's well with the world should we blank it's the end of the world.hard luck mucca at least you had fun andy ilsf..

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
would realy like to fish up that end of the beach again near a wreck as we did on the e v wales match ,eastly wind that day no surf but did manage 3 flats and 3 bass ,and was piped at the post for biggest fish by a roger the bus who ever that was.lol
No you are looking at the wrong way Jeff we went the other way back towards Pembrey old harbour. Andy don't worry muca come the big RNLI match I will be using my best VooDoo tactics. I want that rod!

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As you and Mike don't mind a reasonable walk, there is route onto North Channel via the edge of the golf course, when I used to fish North Channel a local chap used to walk on that way a fair bit.
Did you get my PM Ken?

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
hows the you tube video of the ginst meet coming along ken?andy..

·
Premium Member
38,240 Posts
hows the you tube video of the ginst meet coming along ken?andy..
Still waiting on some more video from VASBYT, will pm him and see what the score is.

I'm off down south for a week, got a few charters out of Weymouth to catch up with :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Will finish video when I return

·
Registered
153 Posts
Myself and George_WRC (son and heir) decided at 7am on Saturday morning to fish the high at Cefn Sidan that day, so a quick brekkie and off to Country Stores by 8:30 ish. We were on Cefn Sidan and fishing by 9:15 with live sandeel just dropped into the surf and maddies lobbed at various ranges. The sandeel baits received no attention whatsoever but there was some action on the maddies with one flounder to me and a lovely Golden Grey to George. All in all a really pleasant day out in fantastic weather.

There were others fishing at the wreck and closer to the car park but I did not see anything else being caught.

TL

Chris

Attachments

·
Premium Member
38,240 Posts
Live sand eels murder on North Channel and the Paul, North Channel has deep water at all states of the tide, the Paul end has deep water 3hrs up 3hrs down ish depending on tides. Problem is both are a tidy walk to get to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts