World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Cefn Sidan

1K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  Free Willy 
#1 ·
Possibly looking to fish there tomorrow (Saturday 2nd June). Any information to help would be good, particularly.

The best mark
Where to park
How far the walk

I take it that rag/maddies best for flatties, and sandeel/crab/razor best for the bass.

Anyone fished there lately with good/bad results?

Cheers

Chris

#2 ·
look at the posts/threads relating to the wales england match. go right back to the begining on all the threads and you'll find all you need

#3 ·
Sorry Guys, perhaps I am being a bit dim but I have trawled (no pun intended) through the Wales/England posts for info on Cefn Sidan with no luck. If anyone can give me some simple answers, in easy-to-understand words so I can read them I would be very grateful..

Cheers

Confused of RCT

G
#4 ·
Sorry Guys, perhaps I am being a bit dim but I have trawled (no pun intended) through the Wales/England posts for info on Cefn Sidan with no luck. If anyone can give me some simple answers, in easy-to-understand words so I can read them I would be very grateful..

Cheers

Confused of RCT
chuck your line out with hook and bait you catch fish:secret:

#6 ·
So Steve your answer is no matter where you fish all you have to do is chuck a line out, as an angler with your experience and knowledge I think your advice is ill founded, I have read many of your posts over recent months and cannot belive your answer, all that has been asked is advice on where to fish and what tactics are best. If this is your best advice why do you bother posting ? I do respect your Knowledge of the Swansea area but if you have nothing better to say why post a reply.

#8 ·
So Steve your answer is no matter where you fish all you have to do is chuck a line out, as an angler with your experience and knowledge I think your advice is ill founded, I have read many of your posts over recent months and cannot belive your answer, all that has been asked is advice on where to fish and what tactics are best. If this is your best advice why do you bother posting ? I do respect your Knowledge of the Swansea area but if you have nothing better to say why post a reply.
Lost your sense of humour FW and taking on the shield for someone else ???:kissing:

:secret: After reading Steve's reply ..what he said , in truth is honest and accurate as well as very funny. ( well to some of us ):unsure:

Have fun fishing
David

#10 ·
go to the furthest car park to the right and you will see a path leading to the right, follow this and you will see a path over the dunes on to the beach, turn right and head for the stones, fish the area just past this as it tends to be slightly deeper (and i'm only talking inches) and tends to have a better surf, its to shallow in front of the car parks.
use long 8ft traces with 30in snoods and size 2 hooks baited with small bits of black lug and 5 or 6 maddies, and you should catch flounders all day long, if you want bass use whole razors on 3/0 pennel rigs its what the bass are feeding off in the surf.

#13 ·
Why was it so difficult for me last week Seymour? I was using maddies bought from the same shop as Roger The Bus & using an almost identical trace, he caught 2.14mts of flounders fishing next to me, & I blanked!:oops: you forgot to include the "witchcraft" that I forgot to take with me!:whistling:
blueskip

G
#14 ·
Why was it so difficult for me last week Seymour? I was using maddies bought from the same shop as Roger The Bus & using an almost identical trace, he caught 2.14mts of flounders fishing next to me, & I blanked!:oops: you forgot to include the "witchcraft" that I forgot to take with me!:whistling:
blueskip
ITS YOU VIC MATE LAST TIME I BLANKED WAS WITH YOU:secret:

#16 ·
its hard to say why, but if the fish are in front of you, you just have to fish really hard and fast to catch as many as you can, you probably just picked a poor bit of beach. i fished in match there 3 weeks ago in similar wet and windy conditions and won the match with 57 flounders for 18.64 meters with the runner up having 54 fish, we were 3 pegs apart fishing 200 yds past the stones. the winner of the other zone before the stones only managed about 11 meters and its usually the further down the beach the more fish you catch.

#19 ·
Steven are you inferring that I am a blanker? I resemble that remark!!!!:roll1:
blueskip
hey their picking on us just because we did'nt have voodoo worms dont forget i was fishing next to you at sidan as my pics will show nope we were ambushed m8 with as you said witchcraft out time will come. lol for me maybe wed as i am up pembroke way for a spot of worm drowning..watch this space.:)

G
#20 ·
hey their picking on us just because we did'nt have voodoo worms dont forget i was fishing next to you at sidan as my pics will show nope we were ambushed m8 with as you said witchcraft out time will come. lol for me maybe wed as i am up pembroke way for a spot of worm drowning..watch this space.:)
ANDY I BET YOU CATCH IF SKIP AINT WITH YOU MATE.SHORTY IF YOUR INTRESTED IN COMING TONIGHT GIS A RING 07773667320:)

G
#21 ·
i guess shorty didn't post on here to get a daft comment though, did he?
he liked it though.if you got a hook and bait in the water you got as much chance as any other angler.i have seen kids with the cheapest rod and reel £6 catch an 8lb bass off mumbles pier and when it was landed all the other anglers made him do a lap of honour round the pier.bit of banter thats all it was if shorty ever comes to swansea and im fishing with the other nutters off here andy stid g/e he is welcome to tag along with us.:):kissing:

#24 ·
why wasnt my name mentioned!!!!lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.