World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had intended to fish the beach at Largo bay today for a change,but when the forecast was for heavy showers I decided to stick closer to home and had a saunter down to the back of the harbour at Cellardyke.Fished from about 10 until the back of 12 coz that's when the bacon was ready,and had an okay morning.A wee codling of about 1lb 3/4ish landed and a similar one dropped lifting up the pier,was followed by a wee rockling.A good few nips in between but nothing sizable,nae floonders around either,(and a had a doze of wee white riggers too,usually a cert).

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
must be great just nipping out the back door an being able to fish bob:clap2: as usuall good report :clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Nice session Bob , :) :)

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
ye always seem too find em bob. well done.

is that rockling a 3 or 5 bearded ? i canni tell , only ever caught 1 or 2 i think.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well done Bob! Do u get flounders off Celardyke Pier ? Ive only ever caught codling,wrasse and small rockling there .
Oh aye,some toppers about when the tide's on the move especially.As a matter of fact,a local snorkelling bloke said that the biggest flatties he sees around the East neuk are on sandy patches off Cellardyke harbour and bathing pond.

This is one from Cellardyke harbour,(as you'll see by the big cobbles),not sure what weight but about 15 inches long,and I have weighed some well over 2lbs here too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Cheers Bob ; Thats a cracking fish!! Do u catch most of the flounders there wi rag worm? I usually use lug ! Wonder if thats why ive never seen one there before!

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bit of everything really mate,it depends on where I've been digging my bait.Some of the places I go usually only have lug and others a good mix of lug and what we'd call white riggers,which are just small white ragworm,sometimes also strips of macky or herring,and also chunks of king rag or peeler.I've found that flounder fishing in these parts are helped by using swim feeders to get a bit of scent in the water as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts