World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
39,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Set of in glorious sunshine for Neyland, I was hoping to fish the Hats & Barrels but on arrival found the tides were to big.

After a safety briefing from Nick our skipper for the day we set of for a mark he calls Tesco's because it is always loaded with mackerel however today proved tough and every mackerel was hard won. I managed one string of four fish and that was my lot. No one faired much better but we had scraped up some bait.

If you look closely you can see a chap fishing a rock mark on this pic, sorry about quality but I used the new bulk uploader on Photobucket and in truth it is rubbish.

We went over to some rough ground and dropped anchor for a couple of hours and this produced a few dabs, doggies, weavers and a nice cuckoo wrasse.

As the tide dropped we went and drifted a bank for launce again hard won but enough just for a few drifts over a couple of bass banks which again failed to produce.

We went back and drifted over some rough ground which produced a few pollock but nothing to get really excited about, we then anchored up on some rough ground for a bit of general reef fishing. As the pool had not been challenged I decided to hit the huss and boated one of five pounds the pool was looking good. Then Ribby decided to catch a small strap which went back without weighing, then a eight and a half pound Huss which took the pot again, I hate that guy that's three times he robbed me :laugh: :clap:

I end up with 4 mackerel, three launce, two doggies, one pollock and one huss. The skipper tried his hardest to put us over a few decent fish but it was not going to happen.

All the same a great day in excellent company and I am looking forward to the Hats & Barrels in October.

·
Team Rig Maker
19,827 Posts
Good report and pic, I don't likje the bulk uploader, well you gave it a go and at least you didn't blank good banter always makes it worthwhile

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
good effort Ken. Hope it's better on Monday fro the shark! Nice report shame about the photos though!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Great report and Good Pictures however even with my glasses on I cant see the guy fishing from the rocks, Was he hiding ?? lol
That white spot bottom centre the one with the lazy eye,lol

·
Premium Member
39,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great report and Good Pictures however even with my glasses on I cant see the guy fishing from the rocks, Was he hiding ?? lol
Not surprising when I up load to Photobucket the quality goes down hill had another go, if you copy it to your files and zoom in you can see him clearly.

Well you may see him clearly, I am guessing they have dropped their quality of uploading, have to find a new way of doing it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts