World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a second hand century ccc and at some of the bases of the eyes there is some slight rusting.......all the eyes are firm and wanted to know if i should look at getting it re-ringed?

didn't know if i can expect it to get worse or with a proper wash after each use it will be ok?

if i need to get it re-ringed any suggestions of someone who could do it down sussex way?

·
Mussel Man
2,506 Posts
once the rust sets in under the varnish its there to stay... but it would take quite some time to damage the struts so why not get it re-rung next spring/summer and keep it as-is for the winter/cod wet season if the eyes feel stable.

a hose down with fresh water (i set the tripod up +reels on in the garden) after every sesh and left overnight at the top of the stairs or in the corner of a room will keep them tip top for yonks!

when you do get it re-rung, maybe some sic's would make it an even better rod, and more attractive if you ever decided to sell.

was it the one off flea bay?

al.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
once the rust sets in under the varnish its there to stay... but it would take quite some time to damage the struts so why not get it re-rung next spring/summer and keep it as-is for the winter/cod wet season if the eyes feel stable.

a hose down with fresh water (i set the tripod up +reels on in the garden) after every sesh and left overnight at the top of the stairs or in the corner of a room will keep them tip top for yonks!

when you do get it re-rung, maybe some sic's would make it an even better rod, and more attractive if you ever decided to sell.

was it the one off flea bay?

al.
thought so....

thats a good idea abou next spring / summer....its not that bad.........

it was the one off ebay......

can you suggest a good rod builder / repairer?

thanks for the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts