World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the Century Eliminator T900 compare to the Century TT sport; for casting and bite detection, fishing from rock marks in Devon and the Bristol Channel.

·
Premium Member
15,454 Posts
I used a pair of TT Sports for years and thought they were the bees-knees! cracking rods! 'till I tried a T 1000! now there's a rod!! the only thing that put me off was the length! too long for some of my marks, the T 900 is one down, a bit shorter and should be perfect, lighter than the Sports, as powerful and with better bite detection!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay thats interesting , would the T800 be up to fishing from rock marks in Devon and the Bristol Channel for Ray and Cod ?

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Having owned a t900 I cannot see it being lighter in weight than the tt sport..
However the t900 is a amazing rod light in weight it certainly is not.

Rich

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I would reckon the t900 would be the better bet. In my opinion the t800 just a little on the light side for clevedon up to portishead and rougher ground marks.
T800 certainly ok for avonmouth, Weston, Brean and Kingston areas.
Just my view
Musky

·
Registered
992 Posts
I have owned both rods.and i have also used both on the shores you enquire about.

Both are ideal for intended use.

The T900 is the better of the 2 rods.
If you can handle the extra length.
A few say its a heavy rod. I havnt weighed mine. Felt a little heavy for say the first 2 outings. Forgot all about it by the 3rd. Things in the rest for most of the time anyway.

Reactions: D-EVO

·
Premium Member
15,454 Posts
Throwing a spanner in the works now! I wanted a change to my TT Sports and I didn't want a longer rod as I fish lot's of marks where I'm backed up against trees. I decided on the Zziplex M4 evo and I can say it's better than the TT, the first thing I noticed was that It was a good bit lighter than the TT with much the same action and bite detection.
If lightness is a factor then look no farther than the Evo. The GT might be a better option as it will have better bite detection.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting you mention the Zziplex M4 Evo, do you know how it compares to the HST , as I used to have one for tournament casting ? I have managed to have a cast with the T900 no problems . But as you mention it is a bit on the heavy side. I think I need to have go with T800 and maybe the Zziplex

·
Registered
499 Posts
As expected, the M4 Evo is considerably lighter and thinner than the HST. The actions are quite different and I guess I prefer my HST for distance casting just because I have been using it for the past 5 years. Interesting, I get my best distances with the M4 Evo using the 175g. Power is hard to define. I think there is very little to choose between the two - I guess the bigger dimensions of the HST make one's mind imagine it is more powerful.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
just to throw a spanner in the works and if your thinking zziplex why not have a look at a bullet gt .I use mine all over the welsh side of the channel, great rods they will handle any leads casting they have plenty of power when needed and they have an outstanding fishing tip on them!! love mine

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
a few years ago i had the tt sport and hated it so heavy just did not feel right in my hands , now iv got a hst for my rough weather fishing , iv had 2 hiflex bullets which is a incredable rod, but its biggest down fall is the thickness of the butt again iv passed them on , now iv got a hst and a harrison q3 and a conoflex welsh wizard all 3 rods coped with cornish congers and iv used em around ogmore and barry island with out eny problems it be nice if zziplex was to reduce the thickness on there bullets .

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Not meaning to hijack the tread but how would one of the Century Carbn metals compare? Maybe the C3LD?

Cheers

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As expected, the M4 Evo is considerably lighter and thinner than the HST. The actions are quite different and I guess I prefer my HST for distance casting just because I have been using it for the past 5 years. Interesting, I get my best distances with the M4 Evo using the 175g. Power is hard to define. I think there is very little to choose between the two - I guess the bigger dimensions of the HST make one's mind imagine it is more powerful.

How does the action differ ?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts