World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about maybe getting the above to try ?what they like can't find alot of info on them?what does the c curve compare to?im a zziplex man but the j curve rods have had good reviews so tempted to a get a c curve maybe for rough grounding anyone got one?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I have a century excalibur c curve and have used it over the last week...it has a very sensative tip,its also very light and the recovery is lightning a great winter cod rod.
I have also been a zziplex man since 1982 this rod is as thin as a sst but lighter and far more sensative in the tip very easy to cast i use low reel and pendulum.

also as for the dreaded j curve and c curve thats what they are called check out the century website...

Rich

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
The J curve is a brilliant lightweight clean beach rod, based on the TTSM but far better in feel. Probably best match rod around for clean to mixed ground.

The C curve is based on the KSS but with a brilliant tip far better than the kompressor ever had, great mixed to rough ground rod that is a pleasure to use, the recovery of the tip is super fast. Just shame I havent caught owt big on it yet

Jim

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
I have a century excalibur c curve and have used it over the last week...it has a very sensative tip,its also very light and the recovery is lightning a great winter cod rod.
I have also been a zziplex man since 1982 this rod is as thin as a sst but lighter and far more sensative in the tip very easy to cast i use low reel and pendulum.

also as for the dreaded j curve and c curve thats what they are called check out the century website...

Rich
hello rich how much did the century rod cost jim?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
mmmm im very tempted to but need to see in one first and have a waggle 21.6mm butt dia thats thin nice thinner the better but i cant seem to find out the weight of the rod 500g 650 750 i must know before i blow over £440

all rods fall into a catogory of j or c cure including zziplex and both feel very different to cast and when a good fish is on

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
THE HI-FLEX VARIANTS, giving a “C” curve, M4 Hi-flex, Primo Hi-flex, LT14 Hi-flex ,M427 Hi-flex, and the NEW Bullet HI-Flex so the same power but a more through action (easier to load) **

There you go, stright off a well known zziplex rod suppliers site... C curve another take on the once used fraze through action , oh what a changing world we live in....

Rich

·
Registered
618 Posts
THE HI-FLEX VARIANTS, giving a “C” curve, M4 Hi-flex, Primo Hi-flex, LT14 Hi-flex ,M427 Hi-flex, and the NEW Bullet HI-Flex so the same power but a more through action (easier to load) **

There you go, stright off a well known zziplex rod suppliers site... C curve another take on the once used fraze through action , oh what a changing world we live in....

So someone wants to change the name of a through action rod to c curve , makes me laugh, i was in nets angling the other day and mr pye showed me his new century rods one a so called j curve and another a c cuve , i got hold of the j curve put the tip on the carpeted floor , applied pressure and low and behold it turned into a c curve , all sales hype imho
Rich
so someone wants to change the name of a through action rod to c curve, makes me laugh ,i was in nets angling the other day and mr pye showed me his new century rods, one a so called j curve the other a c curve, i got hold of the j curve rod put the tip on the carpeted floor and applied pressure low and behold the j curve rod turned into a so called c curve all sales hype imho

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.