World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Century exaliber c curve??

16K views 40 replies 20 participants last post by  Primo Hi-Flex 
#1 ·
Thinking about maybe getting the above to try ?what they like can't find alot of info on them?what does the c curve compare to?im a zziplex man but the j curve rods have had good reviews so tempted to a get a c curve maybe for rough grounding anyone got one?

#7 ·
I have a century excalibur c curve and have used it over the last week...it has a very sensative tip,its also very light and the recovery is lightning a great winter cod rod.
I have also been a zziplex man since 1982 this rod is as thin as a sst but lighter and far more sensative in the tip very easy to cast i use low reel and pendulum.

also as for the dreaded j curve and c curve thats what they are called check out the century website...

Rich

#8 ·
The J curve is a brilliant lightweight clean beach rod, based on the TTSM but far better in feel. Probably best match rod around for clean to mixed ground.

The C curve is based on the KSS but with a brilliant tip far better than the kompressor ever had, great mixed to rough ground rod that is a pleasure to use, the recovery of the tip is super fast. Just shame I havent caught owt big on it yet

Jim

#9 ·
I have a century excalibur c curve and have used it over the last week...it has a very sensative tip,its also very light and the recovery is lightning a great winter cod rod.
I have also been a zziplex man since 1982 this rod is as thin as a sst but lighter and far more sensative in the tip very easy to cast i use low reel and pendulum.

also as for the dreaded j curve and c curve thats what they are called check out the century website...

Rich
hello rich how much did the century rod cost jim?

#13 ·
mmmm im very tempted to but need to see in one first and have a waggle 21.6mm butt dia thats thin nice thinner the better but i cant seem to find out the weight of the rod 500g 650 750 i must know before i blow over £440

all rods fall into a catogory of j or c cure including zziplex and both feel very different to cast and when a good fish is on

#18 ·
THE HI-FLEX VARIANTS, giving a “C” curve, M4 Hi-flex, Primo Hi-flex, LT14 Hi-flex ,M427 Hi-flex, and the NEW Bullet HI-Flex so the same power but a more through action (easier to load) **

There you go, stright off a well known zziplex rod suppliers site... C curve another take on the once used fraze through action , oh what a changing world we live in....

Rich

#19 ·
THE HI-FLEX VARIANTS, giving a “C” curve, M4 Hi-flex, Primo Hi-flex, LT14 Hi-flex ,M427 Hi-flex, and the NEW Bullet HI-Flex so the same power but a more through action (easier to load) **

There you go, stright off a well known zziplex rod suppliers site... C curve another take on the once used fraze through action , oh what a changing world we live in....

So someone wants to change the name of a through action rod to c curve , makes me laugh, i was in nets angling the other day and mr pye showed me his new century rods one a so called j curve and another a c cuve , i got hold of the j curve put the tip on the carpeted floor , applied pressure and low and behold it turned into a c curve , all sales hype imho
Rich
so someone wants to change the name of a through action rod to c curve, makes me laugh ,i was in nets angling the other day and mr pye showed me his new century rods, one a so called j curve the other a c curve, i got hold of the j curve rod put the tip on the carpeted floor and applied pressure low and behold the j curve rod turned into a so called c curve all sales hype imho

#22 ·
its not a marketing ploy its the description of the action of the rod c curve bends right through so the rod shape is like a letter c

j curve (stiff butt) so mainly the top half of the rod bends like a letter j )

its not rockect sciance i worked it out when i was 12 lol

im in .. selling my zziplex i must have a c curve

#23 ·
The c curve and the j curve are the rods actions but the c curve new century is ment to a bit stiffer then the j curve from what I've read which is strainge normally the other way round so can't wait to have a look at one my local tackle shop is getting a stock of them this week :thumbs:

G
#24 ·
my mate has the excalibur which one i dont know he says its the same action as his komp s me im sticking to my old trusted faithfuls

these rods have been tested out by good tourny casters so not everyone will be hitting these distances stated stick with what you got and get lessons these rods wont buy you distance imho

#25 ·
no rod will buy you distance if you have not got a sound casting style,i dont buy rods for gaining distance i am fortunate to be able to buy what i want so are quite a few people on here so i like to get a new rod if it takes my fancy.
The c curve is a powerful rod coupled with lightning recovery cast well with it last night otg,and brighton style it does have a very good fishing tip and its the lightest rod i have held for its length 13ft 10 and thickness 23mm.

Rich

#26 ·
The c curve and the j curve are the rods actions but the c curve new century is ment to a bit stiffer then the j curve from what I've read which is strainge normally the other way round so can't wait to have a look at one my local tackle shop is getting a stock of them this week :thumbs:
does all seem a bit ass backwards dont it, j curve is usally well is considered to be rough ground stiff
haveing said that j curve rods dont suite my style i had a tip tornado super match for a very short while hated it with a passion took it back to the shop and swapped it for the ccc ld ..that was much better
il be getting the c curve ,as soon as i can sell one of my new m4s
let me know james when uve had a look at em.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.