World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a Fireblade about a year ago and like it a lot,so have taken the plunge a just ordered another, arriving Monday. First time I’ve owned a matching pair so am looking forward to my next outing and gazing at the tips which hopefully will start to nod.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Bought a Fireblade about a year ago and like it a lot,so have taken the plunge a just ordered another, arriving Monday. First time I’ve owned a matching pair so am looking forward to my next outing and gazing at the tips which hopefully will start to nod.
Are you using the fireblade with a multi or FS? I usually use mine with a multi, but have started using a FS at night to fish for ray at distance, alongside a Tip Tornado and multi. Having crumpled vertebrae has curtailled power casting involving back rotation (OTG or pendulum) so a simple lay-back cast gets used. I find the Fireblade suits this perfectly with a 6oz lead and big bait.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I switch between a multi and FS reel.Multi during daylight and FS during dark hours the reason being that I am not confident using a multi at night when I can’t see the lead hitting the water.( Have experienced many birds nests during darkness ) I am not the greatest caster in the world due to various physical deficiencies.So the fireblade really suits my needs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts