World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have asked this b4 but can't find the thread anymore.
anyway which century rod would be most suited to the kent coastline ie dover/deal/sandwich/hythe
addy/pow

must be forgiving in the casting area (ie i cannot pendulum cast) so one that does not take a lot of bending/loading and also good bite detection

if anyone has a pukka one they are looking to sell or if you have seen any offers in tackle shops please let me know

thanks

·
**72**
4,716 Posts
the CCCld may be what your after, ive never used one but it is a "C" curve rod (bends in a shape of a C) or a Carbon Metal Express :victory:

·
Registered
324 Posts
i have asked this b4 but can't find the thread anymore.
anyway which century rod would be most suited to the kent coastline ie dover/deal/sandwich/hythe
addy/pow

must be forgiving in the casting area (ie i cannot pendulum cast) so one that does not take a lot of bending/loading and also good bite detection

if anyone has a pukka one they are looking to sell or if you have seen any offers in tackle shops please let me know

thanks
The tip tornado ld is very easy to cast and user friendly.and the ccc ld. tight lines

·
Registered
270 Posts
i have in my armoury ,century kompressor sport ,century vectra sport ,conoflex cod 6 and greys pz match all of these cope more well on that coast as its the main one i fish ,all have good bite detection plus i gave up pendulem casting yonks ago and have now developed my own style ,if your on the same beach as me you are more than welcome to try them all to see if any suit you sir THE COD

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have in my armoury ,century kompressor sport ,century vectra sport ,conoflex cod 6 and greys pz match all of these cope more well on that coast as its the main one i fish ,all have good bite detection plus i gave up pendulem casting yonks ago and have now developed my own style ,if your on the same beach as me you are more than welcome to try them all to see if any suit you sir THE COD

many thanks for the offer..maybe one day our lines (paths) will cross :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi there ..... I have lived and fished the area both for pleasure and in various matches. I have a Tip Tornado Super Match and Tip Tornado Lite. They cover everything this area throws up.
Out of the two for all around use I would say the Super match is the one to have.
As with all Century rods the build quality is fantastic and its performance cannot be faulted from scratching to hurling big baits. The bite sensitivity is great even when its blowing a hoolie a tap from a dab will show.

Whetever your choice - you cant go wrong with a Century.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the feedback
how much do you think i can pick a ccc ld up for 2nd hand

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
seen many ccc rods gor for 120-150 mate and in good nick if not new they are a good rod for the money be it new or secound hand

·
Registered
49 Posts
i fish with both the tip tornado and over the last 3 months or so the new Kompressor SS- find this spot on all around the costs, loads of power but not a broom handle so will also sit nicely in big tides, its slim and light weight as well. the SS is first out the rod bag every time.

Brazils in dover do great pricing on Centruy rods- give them u buzz, also do a fair few second hand ones, the odd centruy pops up in them

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
The tip tornado ld is very easy to cast and user friendly.and the ccc ld. tight lines
Agree with Bullet head Gypsy TT ld is great , Got a couple of the TTs and tried the rest of them and I would recomend the TT supermatch as its got great bite detection and is also a great casting rod .You can use it in rough ( cod fishin) or lite conditions catching smaller fish as you can see the bites.:thumbs:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts