World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fishing eastney yesterday and i met labrax nice to meet you bud,anyway i had finished fishing and this bloke came up to me with his century tt lite and was amazed on how far i was casting out.So this guy said to me have a couple of casts with this rod as he wanted to see how far i could cast it (new rod)so i said to him no mate in case i break the rod,he said no you wont break it.So i said ok then well the reel was an abu florida 6500 was a good combo.so i said il just do a couple of gental casts with it to get the feel of the rod.1 cast went out about 50yrds,so reeled it in bedded the line on the reel all nice ready for the 2 cast!!! well i noticed his shockleader on the reel didnt go around the reel as many times as i would of wanted.But anyway i had a 6ft drop flicked the tip out,brought it around and as i was starting to put a bit of power into the cast i heard SNAP and saw the tip hit the beach,line broke and lead hit the beach,oh $hit i almost died as i had broke his century tt lite,picked up the rod after saying "mate im really bloody sorry"looked at the rod and were the male and female joins together the male section would only go into the female section about half inch.so we both looked at the rod and said its a fault in the blank he got the rod from poindesters in southampton so i told him to take the rod back to them and tget them to sort it out (give the bloke a new tt )i just couldnt belive his attitude toward this he said oh dont worry about it but you can imagine how i felt i offered to meet him at southampton today and get him a new rod and he said no poindesters can sort this out we shook hands said sorry to him again and off i went home so.who do you think is at fault me or poindesters or century.i did tell him after that the joints should be a flush fit and they wasnt and the only think he coukld do is either take it back to poindesters of get some wet and dry and wet flat it down so it would fit nice and proper.WELL THATS OUT THE WINDOW NOW AS THE POOR BLOKES ROD HAS SNAPPED.SO TO THE PPL ON HERE IF YOU SEE SOME BLOKE CASTING OUT A LONG WAY DONT GO OVER TO HIM AND ASK HIM TO CAST YOUR ROD OUT AS YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN A CAST THAT FAR CAUSE IF YOU DO THEN YOUR PRIDE AND JOY COULD END UP GETTIN SNAPPED.to the bloke whos rod it was if your reading this then im really sorry once again for breakin your rod sorry m8
tight lines lee
ps sorry sorry and sorry for the millionith time SORRY

·
Banned
684 Posts
I have recently bought 2 Century rods at Poingdestres and each time they have put the rods together and checked them over to look for any defects,then handed them for me to double check. Wonder if they did this with this guys rod, :g: also mine were specially built,not off the shelf versions.
Howie,not your fault,could have happened anywhen,especially if the joint was as bad as u said.

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Guy Whos Rod It Was,was The Guy Fishing Next To Me On My Left Typical Aint It Try To Help This Bloke Out Then Does And Snaps His New Rod

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bloody Tackle Tarts Lol How Many You Got No And You Might As Well Give Me Them As You Never Bloody Fish Thou M8 Lol,what A Nice Day Yesterday Untill That Happened

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well My Ego Aint That Big Honest Cant Help It If I Can Cast To The Moon Lol

·
Banned
684 Posts
Bloody Tackle Tarts Lol How Many You Got No And You Might As Well Give Me Them As You Never Bloody Fish Thou M8 Lol,what A Nice Day Yesterday Untill That Happened
Got 9 now and hoping to get out this weekend after Hospital appt 2morrow,hopefully give me the o.k.:) ,if not then dose of happy pills should do it.
I expected to see a few fish on the beach given the conds,still good to get out tho,even with the mishap....:unsure:

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well M8 As I Said All The Best With The Hospital And The Drs M8 Hope It All Goes Well For Ya

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Idid something similar to that once,many moons ago,i had finished work and was walking up my road on a summers day,when i passed me mate in his garden ,holding a fishing rod,i said hi ya ,,nigel got a new road,,lets have a look, flicked it a few times,,,hmmm nice action,,,,,,,,,then snap ,,,,,,oooops sorry mate ,,,oh no he sez,,,its not mine its me uncle berts,,,,still remember it well

·
Registered
975 Posts
Howie, just measured my TT Lite and the male goes in at least 3" and on the TT Match - goes in 3 1/2" and both were a snug fit - so if this guys rod only went in 1/2" I am afraid the break was inevitable when you power cast.

On both rods (and another I am borrowing) the male does not flush fit with the female but there is 1/2" to 1" gap between the ridge if you know what I mean but still go in a long way more than 1/2"

That has to be a factory blank error and the shop as well for not checking the fit as most good shops would do in my opinion.

Hope that info helps you or puts your mind at rest !

You cant be to blame for this at all mate .....

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
brillant thanks for that m8 i didnt put any power into the cast as i was coming round then it just snapped im just glad that it wernt my fault i hope that bloke gets it sorted from either century or poindesters in s hampton

·
Registered
21 Posts
What a nice day out at Eastney yesterday.

I came home and my wife and kids said "did you catch anything dad”?
Only a suntan I replied!
But the weather was fantastic and I have no problem with blancking.

Regards the rod the onus is on Poingdestre's Angling Centre to replace it because the contract is with the retailer.

The rod was sold with a defect not being "fit for its purpose".

To the guy who owned the rod send me a pm if there is a problem and I will sort it for you:boxing:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Howie as i m sure you know both ends of the blank should never join (but up)when the rod is pieced together,there should be about an inch gap on a new blank
Having said this though it sounds like the rod didnt join anywhere near enough and the shop should refund as they will claim back off century.
Wish id been there to see it:)

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks guys for that roddy where were you on eastney m8 as i was in front the shelter

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
know how you feel when you borrow something and end up breaking it.used to do moto-x years ago and a guy loaned me his bike,anyway at the end of the race the suspension linkage collapsed.this same guy again loaned me a bike,this time though i managed to blow the gearbox up,it really makes you feel bad,even if they say that there was a fault and that you're not to blame:schmoll:

·
Registered
21 Posts
thanks guys for that roddy where were you on eastney m8 as i was in front the shelter
Over to your left,first angler after the shelter.

Chap next to me came down from Gloucs for a couple of days.

I purchased my bait at Sammy,s rather than get it in Eastney,the rag was well past its sell by date:g:

Think I will try Lockstock for my next trip.

I may fish Sunday Inn on the beach if weather is ok.
I used to fish out of my Beach hut at Beachlands but sold it last year due to the chavs keep breaking in.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
i doubt very much if it's a defect,the problem is more than likely a fine layer of dried salt left from the last outing,it's best to wipe the male section,and inside the female section before and after use on century rods due to their tight fit,this will with use become easier to fit together,had the same problem with mine,and this was the cause.
the rod is designed to be a tight fit so as to prolong the life of the joints,do not sand with emery as this may well ruin your rod and most certainly invalidate the warrenty.
p.s. howie,have you heard wether he got it replaced???

·
Registered
840 Posts
How glad am I that you didnt take up my offer 30 minutes before to have a chuck with my CME !!!!! :clap2: :clap2:

That's incredible as you gave me the tale of the snapped 2500LM at the UKSF meet as the reason for not having a go with it.

On the fact that the male and female spigot werent closed enough I think that this is an issue on Century rods. I fished with the CMEs for the first time on Tuesday and they seem pretty good apart from the fact that they are VERY difficult to get the male spigot far enough into the female (not puns intended). Both rods were bought through ebay 2nd hand and had been used for over a year prior to my getting my mitts on them so heaven knows how tight they would be when brand new. One is worse that the other so I wonder whether that is the right thjing to do ie use wet and dry paper??? .:g:

Good to meet you to matey....I'll get in touch about the nemesis +

1 - 20 of 27 Posts