World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at both these rods and wondered if anyone has used either, use to have a mk-1 TT lite some yrs back. Much difference between the 2(casting/bite detection wise)or not. Goldsie rod does look good for the price tho!!.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Dont know about the goldsie. but my mk1 ttlite was handling 5oz leads and whole squid other week and bringing in thornies to 8lb. Also used it for closer in work and saw bites from flounder, sole and eels and nibbles from 4inch whiting.

·
Banned
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that m8, as said had 1 in past.
Really wanted to know if the Golds rod was as capable, rated same 3-5oz, just wondered if it could handle slightly heavier weight 6oz + bait as the TT Lite and as its cheaper would save a bit of dosh :sneaky2:.

M8 has couple of the Golds range rods and tbh they are nice & light with great bite detection but, pokey.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yep had 2 last year. Handled a 5 pretty well. 6 is a bit to much I think unless it was just and overhead lob.

·
Read Only
14,609 Posts
...had a mk1 lite and a IG international match, slightly heavier than the prem match i know but i reckon the IG international has a better fishing tip than the TT, nothing wrong with the TT I miss mine, stands to reason that the premier match would have a more sensitive tip again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts