World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve found what I think is a mark 1 version of this rod for sale (£115) Just wondered what people’s thoughts were. Fishing clean maybe mixed ground with it and maybe as a bass rod. It’s from the late nineties so not sure if the blanks go soft and I’d be better off buying a newer rod with the money. Any input would be appreciated

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
I’ve found what I think is a mark 1 version of this rod for sale (£115) Just wondered what people’s thoughts were. Fishing clean maybe mixed ground with it and maybe as a bass rod. It’s from the late nineties so not sure if the blanks go soft and I’d be better off buying a newer rod with the money. Any input would be appreciated
The Lite is wonderful, and I would definitely get the Ultra Lite if I did any bait fishing at the moment.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Try to negotiate on the price. I wouldn’t go as far as using this over mixed ground but for as a bass rod, flattie/estuary rod it is a great tool in my opinion and it is only my opinion. I can’t really comment on weather the blank will have gone soft as I suppose that will depend on how much it’s been used. It was never made to be a super stiff rod anyway. In case you were wondering yes I have one and I’d never sell it.

Reactions: lipslicker

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have a mark 1 and it is autoclaved so I wouldn't worry about it going soft.

It is a through action rod though with a thickish tip but it does show bites OK. It is very easy to cast with as it is bendy but has done over 200 yards with a 150gm lead according to a Keith White video I saw years ago.

Cheers

Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts