World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
slightly away from a strd southern thread, but was wondering if any one has ultra lite and uses it for lighter work in the region, and how they get on with it..little conserned about the thickness of the tip!!

if not im v interested in cono frenzy for same use, flounders, sole,eels

or has any one got one for sale!!..(no one in the region stocks them.)

ta

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I use mine for scratching around in the summer for schoolies, golden greys, flounders and other bits along with a bit of float fishing and feathering, I wanted to use it for some clean beach hounds but never got round to it, that would of been some serious fun.

It works best with 3-4oz but will lob a 5 if conditions require. Bite detection is a bit wierd though, seems like there is a hinge about 3 or 4 rings down! Quite a versatile rod though.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
I love mine (which I got through the classifieds on here) and it handles hounds a treat! They're rated for 5oz and are quite happy with that weight - a pretty good all rounder for clean ground. Not noticed the weird bite detection Bally mentions.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds good, wish they were stocked locally.

are they a thiner tip than lite,or more sensitve..
seen the lite and shocked how stiff, & think it was...and not very lite either

hence interest in cono frenzy/ estuary match and rods like ppt pit viper 2-4, due to sensitive tips..

will be mainly using 4 oz, places like southampton water winter , hythe, warsash, clarence beach etc etc....

something that will fill the void between supermatch and mti bass..!!
(lighter than supermatch, longer / tad more powerfull than mti bass)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts