World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi has anyone got or have tried the new century fireblade opinions please whats it like casting and fishing thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
My Brother in Law got one last week, but as he's still recovering from Covid-19, he hasn't had a chance to try it out yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
had a feel of one in a local shop felt like a lot of rod for the money but would like to try one or see one in action

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have 2 on order, plenty of rave reviews on here and as above big danny gave it the thumbs up.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Usual century build quality. Stripped down finish (matt carbon), which I prefer to finished blanks. Actually bends, unlike some century rods. Very light. Casts well with both multi and FS (5oz). Will be fishing with it more shortly, only caught a flounder thus far. The hybrid ringing may lead to probs with power casting and braid with FS, or line on blank playing fish with a multi, but none so far and I can't power cast due to back probs. Impressed for a 'half price' century. Had to move the butt ring and enlarge it once with a 16ft hybrid rung Penn that suffered from ring wrap, hopefully won't happen here

·
Registered
24 Posts
My Brother in Law got one last week, but as he's still recovering from Covid-19, he hasn't had a chance to try it out yet.
Quick Update. He managed to get out for a few hours to try out the Fireblade and he reckons it's a beautiful rod. He was using it with a Penn Surfblaster.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Been up the field again, this time with 525mag and mon main, braid leader. Casts well, just need to back off the mags and see how it really goes. Too much wind for that today. Love the way it loads without power casts, simple otg does the job. Love the unassuming way it looks, bare carbon (tip is even unground) & plain wippings. It's a tool and not a tarts handbag!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Been up the field again, this time with 525mag and mon main, braid leader. Casts well, just need to back off the mags and see how it really goes. Too much wind for that today. Love the way it loads without power casts, simple otg does the job. Love the unassuming way it looks, bare carbon (tip is even unground) & plain wippings. It's a tool and not a tarts handbag!
Could I ask where you ordered it from SiD, would love to get a look at one

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi lads
Only place I found with them in stock (not on backorder) was tackleuk.co.uk. No discount either, but I s'pose that if they are selling out everywhere, you ain't going to get no discount! Was hoping to get out to the beach today but it's been blowing a hooley and p.....g down since yesterday eve and it's going to be with us for at least another 24hrs. Just about the only thing bad about living out here 'in' the Atlantic. A an old mate used to say 'it's time to get wet on the inside, not the outside'. Dead on

1 - 11 of 11 Posts