World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont usually post catch reports but tonight was something special. Was persuaded to walk to 2nd point by my regular fishing partner, Mike. Sea colour and swell looked good for a ray or two......

No one else down there, but spotted another angler in Blackgang.

After a quiet start with the last of the flood running I had a small smut on prawn, then a better bite on the other rod which resulted in a lovely painted at 9lb 4oz. The next hectic 45 mins over slack saw a spotted about 3lb, another painted at 5lb 10oz and a dog (all on medium Ammo).

Tide turned and all went quiet for an hour until it happened; I was attending to my other rod when the one in the rest lurched over. I snatched the rod out and felt that lovely thump, thump of a quality fish. It used the now racing tide to its advantage and I had to almost run to my right to keep up with it, but keeping in touch with the fish....

After around 5 mins of this coaxing I had the fish in the 'trough' with a heavy swell pounding onto the beach. Mike sacrificed a bootful to pull the fish to safety and presented me with the biggest Blonde Ray I've ever caught (beach or boat)

We estimated the weight at 20lb or so (Mike's scales only go to 14lb), took some photos, packed up and headed back with the fish (not easy!) After what seemed like an eternity, we got back to the car after taking it in turns to carry the lump.....

I've just weighed it in the garage and it went about 26lb!!!!! will get it recorded at Scotties tomorrow morning , will keep you posted, and post pics tomorrow if I can work out how...

Pics.... (I hope!)-

Painted 9lb 4oz
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x85/daleedmunds/DSC00716.jpg

Blonde27lb 8oz
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x85/daleedmunds/DSC00720.jpg

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Bloody well done m8, you should make headlines?
Thats the trouble with catching something decent down there - its carrying it up!
Congrats

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
AWESOME FISH MATE.....WELL DONE!! :clap3: :notworthy :clap3:

Looking forward to the piccies if you can manage them mate. I am a technophobe myself and have yet to master the art of posting photos, so don't feel too bad!! lol

Again....Well done and enjoy the two or three week (minimum!!) buzz you are about to feel.

Regards.

Andy. :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
never swim again though will it? they smile at the sea life centre

·
Registered
123 Posts
Conditions were good last night, I sat at home just wishing I was out there. Well done mate on a fantastic catch, fish of a lifetime that.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well done mate,you have smashed the Island record which has stood since 1959 out of sight(18lb 5 oz)........they dont smile at you at the sea life centre......they havnt got feelings,they bite you given half the chance tho,I bet that was a sod to get back up the Cliff,well done again,cracking fish

·
Registered
603 Posts
The Island blonde record was broken down Chale about a month back, 18lb 11oz.

Outstanding work mate, certainly re-wrote that record!

Steve.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Nice fish mate, that is a stonker!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Top stuff, fished hudreds of times down chale waiting for a unusaul catch and it hasnt happened yet, this year definitely seems the time it could happen though

1 - 20 of 38 Posts